Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade - Page 13
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    EDIT: THE VCI-100SE MAPPING ZIP FILE HAS BEEN UPDATED.
    Thanks FlashFlooder. Looking good so far
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by DaveX View Post

New features
    ============
    - 4x pitch faders resolutions
    - 4x jog wheel resolution
    - All the buttons under the jog wheels can now be lit using MIDI out messages
    - Left sync button is now mapped to note G-8 (73 hex) and behaves like right one (no more hardware toggle) (LED is still mapped to note A#4, 46 hex)
    - Filter knobs send both regular 0-127 CC message only (unlike 1.3 firmware)
    - A MIDI CC command is sent along with the Note ON command when the pitch fader is centered (so it's possible to reach the exactly the center position even using the DJTT mappings)
    - Outer part of jog wheels sends Midi ON/OFF message on separate channel when in scratch mode (channel 2)

Bonus #1
    ========

Did you know that there's a factory test mode hidden in every VCI ? It's used in the factory to test all the buttons, faders, knobs and LEDs.

With 1.4 firmware: While your VCI is off, hold RIGHT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

With previous firmwares: While your VCI is off, hold LEFT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

damn .sat about an hour here to get this damn led working, cause i reread the features

regarding the test mode. how does it work? if i turn my vci on pressing the two buttons. what do i have to do to test the LEDs?
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    damn .sat about an hour here to get this damn led working, cause i reread the features

regarding the test mode. how does it work? if i turn my vci on pressing the two buttons. what do i have to do to test the LEDs?
    From post 38 in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    What I call the buttons or knobs are what they're called in the current overlay.

After you get into test mode you'll see left deck slice is lit. Press it and echo lights up keep pressing and the next button lights up. Go through the series you'll get to faders staring with the cross fader. As you move it all of the bottom buttons will light up as you move the fader back and forth. The rest of the faders and knobs go in this order:

left volume fader
    Right volume fader
    left pitch fader
    Left EQ high
    Left EQ mid
    Left EQ Low
    Left Filter
    eft gain
    Mix Level
    Right gain
    Level
    Right EQ high
    Right EQ mid
    Right EQ lo
    Right filter
    A knob
    B knob
    C knob
    D knob
    Right pitch fader
    Volume
    Glitch
    Len

I can't figure out the next bit. It seems you press a few lit buttons and then you get to the jog wheels. I don't see what your testing between len and when you get to the jog wheels. When your done just turn it off and back on again.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Default uh help..

Whenever I try to write the firmware, it says "Error No 15024: Boot failed" after I press program flash. Whyy?!

Hi Guys, I'm very confused!

upgraded to 1.4 no problem, nice work on disco mode DaveX! Only thing is that my play buttons no longer work as play/pause but rather cue play... haven't found mention of this anywhere else on this thread, sorry if I missed it. Looking through the tsi file I found no cue play commands so why is this happening?

Thanks!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andriguous View Post
    Whenever I try to write the firmware, it says "Error No 15024: Boot failed" after I press program flash. Whyy?!
    Did you change the delay in the advancesetup.exe file?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Hi Guys, I'm very confused!

upgraded to 1.4 no problem, nice work on disco mode DaveX! Only thing is that my play buttons no longer work as play/pause but rather cue play... haven't found mention of this anywhere else on this thread, sorry if I missed it. Looking through the tsi file I found no cue play commands so why is this happening?

Thanks!
    Please see this thread, and specifically, this post for questions regarding the updated VCI-100SE mapping: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...230#post163230

Question Ready for gig?

Hi,

I just received my firmware upgrade kit for the VCI-100.

I have a gig in about two weeks from now, and i'd love to use the new features such as the HD jog-wheels.

Would you recommend me to do the upgrade and use the latest mapping right now or should I wait until things get more stable ?

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Please see this thread, and specifically, this post for questions regarding the updated VCI-100SE mapping: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...230#post163230
    Thanks, that's all cleared up then!

Quote Originally Posted by dros View Post
    Would you recommend me to do the upgrade and use the latest mapping right now or should I wait until things get more stable
    I'd recommend it, the Jog wheels and pitch faders are significantly improved. The only real problem so far seems to be the key function, so I guess it depends whether you use that or not!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Question

Thanks.

Is it just a mapping issue or will I have to upgade the FW again?