Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade - Page 37
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Hi, I Finally upgrade into FW 1.4 with Serial Port to USB cable on Win XP.
    successfull with Renesas FDT ver 4.07 and I set the Serial - USB cable for
    COMM 2 and code flash are success.

on thing that i'm confuse is this

Quote Originally Posted by DaveX View Post

Usage
    =====

You must change the following to your Traktor mappings:

1) Remap your pitch faders:

- Deck A/C Tempo = CH02.PitchBend
    - Deck B/D Tempo = CH03.PitchBend
    - Deck A/C Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C0
    - Deck B/D Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C#0

1) Remap your inner jog wheel messages in normal mode and in scratch mode

The messages are the same (CC16, CC17, CC18 and CC19) but on channel 2
    instead of channel 1

2) Divide the jog wheel sensibility by 4

3) Remap the left sync button
    i do may lack of mapping but if anyone done this already, it would be thankfull, cheers

Tech Wizard

Does anyone happen to have an alternate download location for the toolkit?

It appears on Renases page that you can download the "upgrade" (which is the page that the link on page 1 sends you to, but the actual Development Toolkit wants you to have a login in order to download. I've been scouring their site and Google to no avail.

TIA

Tech Wizard

Just an update, I found an alternate source for the Renases toolkit (that doesn't require registration).

Was linked from an ECU programming site under a subsection for programming Hayabusa ECU's. Must be a pretty flexible kit Ean uses in the firmware kit.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13269946158811

In any event, pulled that installer onto a Windows XP SP2 machine with a plain old serial cable and installed the 4.1 firmware on the first try.

Hope it helps for anyone else trying to upgrade firmware now.

I wonder whats the progress on djtt custom mapping for traktor2

Tech Wizard

how do i test if i have this firmware on the VCI i just bought? the guy says it has it but i want to be sure.

dear Ean ...2 things..ive downloaded the firmware file(running a mac) how and where do i send the file?...also the latest vci-100se v4.1 doesnt work properly..is this because im not up to date with the firmware?

Tech Convert

Just upgrade my 100 SE Arcade to 1.4 but how to know if it was successful ? On the software it was OK..

i am also having a problem with my vci 100 se. Some of the functions listed and shown in the video don't quiet work. For example the sampler doesnt allow me to choose which deck to sample. is this because of the traktor 2.5 software or maybe its something with the firmware im not sure but this VCI was purchased within the last 2 months. also the tsi file im using is 4.1 if that is any help

thx
    Last edited by ROCKETPANTSJON; 05-13-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Tech Convert

What a nightmare, to be fair it was my fault, but is some info that may be helpful to others.

I first tried to use the 25 pin port on the back of my desktop, which I thought was a serial port, but is a printer port. N I got a 25 pin to 9 pin cable, and it just said 'boot failed' every time.

Then I got a USB to serial adaptor cable off ebay. This didnt work, and I tried many cominations : different ports, changing delay settings, differen USB ports, and cables. I got many different results, lots of 'boot failed', but also 'failed to load micro kernel' and other ones to do with the micro kernel.

I then got a 9 pin to 9 pin male to female serial cable of ebay, NOT a null modem cable. just to re iterate, null modem cables have the wires crossed inside, which will not work for this!

Once I had done this, I just chose 'com 1' in the renesas tool, and it uploaded. probably took a couple of minutes the whole process.

So my advice is get a serial cable, avoid the hassle and wasting your time. Good luck!

Tech Convert

Also,

How do I find out that the new 1.4 firmware has definately loaded?

How do you get into disco mode?