Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade - Page 38
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by robodelfy View Post
    Also,

How do I find out that the new 1.4 firmware has definately loaded?

How do you get into disco mode?
    Hold the left slice and echo buttons down when you're turning the vci on. Then let go and the bottom row of lights will dance around a bit. After that there is a little minigame in which you have to get all the lights to light up simultaneously by pressing them (i couldn't get it, but my brother did haha). After that I'm not completely sure, sometimes disco mode activates after that, sometimes it doesn't

Tech Convert

ok thanks!

Tech Convert

My jog wheels arent acting the same as before, I used to have the outside of the jog wheel doing pitch bend up and down, and the inside would scroll trhough the track. Any ideas how to do this? I saw the instructions below but it didnt work the same as before?

1) Remap your pitch faders:

- Deck A/C Tempo = CH02.PitchBend
    - Deck B/D Tempo = CH03.PitchBend
    - Deck A/C Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C0
    - Deck B/D Tempo Reset = CH02.Note.C#0

1) Remap your inner jog wheel messages in normal mode and in scratch mode

The messages are the same (CC16, CC17, CC18 and CC19) but on channel 2
    instead of channel 1

2) Divide the jog wheel sensibility by 4

Tech Convert

I have a lot of similar questions as people above but no-one seems to answer the questions.
    I have FW1.2 and want to update as I have just purchased an F1 and traktor 2.5. but it won't work with my VCI100, which I love. Do I need to update to 1.3 and then 1.4? Can I go back if it doesnt work. have had F1 2 weeks and cant use it. Still useing traktor pro at gigs as cannot get pro 2.5 to work with vci100.
    Any advice appreciated!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ADJS View Post
    I have a lot of similar questions as people above but no-one seems to answer the questions.
    I have FW1.2 and want to update as I have just purchased an F1 and traktor 2.5. but it won't work with my VCI100, which I love. Do I need to update to 1.3 and then 1.4? Can I go back if it doesnt work. have had F1 2 weeks and cant use it. Still useing traktor pro at gigs as cannot get pro 2.5 to work with vci100.
    Any advice appreciated!
    My setup at the moment is a plain VCI-100 that I upgraded to 1.4 running the newest DJTT mapping with an F1 running Traktor 2.5.1. The mapping wasn't specifically created for 2.5, but everything works except for the control over all the remix slots, which no other controller does at the moment (doesn't concern you though since you have an F1).

1: FW upgrades aren't like software upgrades, no need to go through the intermediate 1.3 FW. Buy the kit, flash straight to FW 1.4.

2: If you're wanting to get up and running right away and aren't using the DJTT mapping right now, you should be able to use your VCI as-is with 2.5.1. You won't have all of the cool tricks of the DJTT mapping, but my understanding is that you don't now.

I just pulled up the setup wizard on Traktor 2.5.1 now to make sure, and the VCI-100 is one of the standard mappings provided. That mapping should be specifically for a standard FW VCI.
    SetupVCI100Option.jpg

Good luck, the two together really are a fun combo.

Tech Wizard

i've seen the video, but i don't understand how to test disco mode: please can you explain how to start it?

Tech Student

cant seem to find an answer to this i have 1.4 f/w - is there a way to back it down to 1.2 like the 1.3 release did - i also use mixxx under ubuntu linux and the mapping is way out - any other solution to this if no to the f/w question???

thanks in advance - i love this controller to bits

Cr4sH

Tech Convert

I seem to be getting no response anywhere!

Ive updated to the newest firmware and remapped everything on my vci 100, but i cant seem to get my jog wheels acting like they were before. By that I mean the outer wheel doing pitch bend up and down (nudhing), and the inner wheel scrolling through the track/scratching, thats when on vinyl mode. And then when you turn off vinyl mode, just the outer ring does tempo bends and the inner ring is off.

Thats how it used to work, but it doesnt like that anymore! Any helP?

Unhappy VCI-100 1.4 Firmaware Upgrade "HELP"!!!

Hallo everybody!
    I bought and finally received my VCI-100 1.4 Firmware upgrade..i tried to do the upgrade for days on a windows seven pc with a serial to serial connection but it did never worked..i've been reading all the threads about it here in the djtt forum and did it all to make it work but it didn't.So i'm pretty desperate at the moment cos' i really don't know what to do and i'm wondering if the djtt upgrade firmware that i bought it's broken.
    Anyway i'll describe you what happens when i try to do the upgrade..after connected the vci to the usb and turned it on i tray to connect the device with the fdt software which always gives me the following script error :

Clock Frequency (External) = 24.0000MHz, Clock Mode = 0, CKM = 1, and CKP = N/A
    Connecting to device 'H8/3052F' on 'COM3'
    Configuration:
    'BOOT Mode' connection - using emulated interface
    Opening port 'COM2' ...
    Loading Comms DLL
    Loaded Comms DLL
    Initiating BOOT SCI sequence
    Attempting 9600
    Attempting 4800
    Attempting 2400
    Attempting 1200
    Error No 15024: Boot failed

As i already said i'm using a serial to serial connection and i'm wondering if windows seven can be the problem..cos' many users said that after attempting on win seven with no results they finally made it on xp.
    Please i hope that someone can HELP me out there cos' i really don't know what to do..and getting very stressed out about it...
    Thank's!

Tech Convert

Man this is starting to bug. I have a show in August and I haven't mixed for lets see...4 months all out of frustration with this firmware. I've asked numerous times and have never gotten anywhere trying to get back to the original firmware.

It's probably not as complicated as I'm making it, but honestly I don't like this new mapping. I'm willing to lose the extra accurate pitch sliders to get my controller wheels back the way they were before.

I only bought this for the pitch sliders that transmitted a higher number of midi cc's, but I didn't want all this extra crap. I personally don't do the things that this template offers. I just want to mix good music without all the chopping and stuff.

How can we get our vci-100's back to the original state? If someone could tell us how to have the original layout exactly with the upgraded pitch faders that would be preferable, but if not I am willing to lose that extra functionality to get the original set up back.

I have my controller almost back to perfect. Remapped most of the knobs and things, but for whatever reason I can't get the controller wheels back as they were before.

Anyone have a solution?