Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade - Page 40
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940
    Tech Convert

I'm interested in it, did you published? I'm a really happy vci-100 owner!

Question Sampler section + pitch reset

Hi there guys,

So, I just updated my VCI to 1.4, installed 4.1 mapping and overlay & chroma cabled it

I did remap the jogwheels,pitch faders and left sync button.

Now I just have some questions:

Do I always have to push shift + Pitch fader to reser the pitch correctly or is there a way to make it constantly stable?
    If I don't do the shift + pitch at the beginning it behaves like crazy and nonsense.
    And yes I went into the mapping and set the Rotary sensitivity to 104% for both pitch faders. Setting it to 100% did not result in the same value as the one selected in traktor setting CURRENT TEMPO RANGE in the Transport tab of the preferences.

Next, as I understood it for Traktor versions > than 2.5 the Sample section became now Remix deck and so the sampler functionality which should allow this:
    If you press the labeled "A" & "B" buttons in the "Sample" section and there is not currently a sample loaded into that slot, it will copy the current loop from Deck A (or a loop based on the current loop length setting) into the corresponding Sample Slot in Deck D and as you let go of the button (wait to see the button LED light up first, it only takes a split second) it should seamlessly pause Deck A and unpause the Sample slot. The same goes for buttons "C" and "D" for Deck B.
    Does not work anymore. Is there any way to have that functionality except downgrading back to Traktor < 2.5 ???

Finally, is it possible to change the default value of the instant effect Echo button since the default value when pressing Echo is around 35% for the Dry/wet control and I rather have it around 45% or something

Thanks for everything DJTECHTOOLS and keep it up!

Does anyone know how to determine what firmware is currently installed on a VCI-100 without opening it up? I had to replace the motherboard in mine and I previously had FW 1.4. Everything seems to work with the new motherboard and my tsi (which came from a VCI I found on ebay), but I just want to be sure I'm using the right firmware and I don't run into a problem I haven't noticed right away.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Does anyone know how to determine what firmware is currently installed on a VCI-100 without opening it up? I had to replace the motherboard in mine and I previously had FW 1.4. Everything seems to work with the new motherboard and my tsi (which came from a VCI I found on ebay), but I just want to be sure I'm using the right firmware and I don't run into a problem I haven't noticed right away.

COPIED FROM VCI-100 FIRMWARE FAQ

_________

Version 1.1
    the firmware with the "ramp up problem"

the jog wheel touch sensor turns off when the wheel stops turning, not when you release your finger.

Version 1.2
    -VCI-100's with a green sticker on the back are firmware version 1.2
    - this version solved the ramp up problem but still has several bugs including
    * the fourth FX buttons send out the same midi message as the right headphone cue button.

Version 1.3
    The firmware found in all VCi-100SE controllers that was designed by Ean Golden.

You can tell if you have 1.3 by following these steps.

1) connect your vci-100 to a computer but dont start traktor.

2) Click the button that is at the top right hand corner of the left jog wheel (its next to the filter knob for deck A).

3) If this button's light toggles on and off then you have 1.3 (the same button on the right deck will not toggle on and off.

_________

Version 1.4
    check the midi message from the pitch fader. If it's 1.4 it will be pitch bend. (If it's 1.3 it will be Ch.1 cc14 or 15)

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940