Vci-100 1.4 (hd) firmware upgrade - Page 39
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Man this is starting to bug. I have a show in August and I haven't mixed for lets see...4 months all out of frustration with this firmware. I've asked numerous times and have never gotten anywhere trying to get back to the original firmware.

It's probably not as complicated as I'm making it, but honestly I don't like this new mapping. I'm willing to lose the extra accurate pitch sliders to get my controller wheels back the way they were before.

I only bought this for the pitch sliders that transmitted a higher number of midi cc's, but I didn't want all this extra crap. I personally don't do the things that this template offers. I just want to mix good music without all the chopping and stuff.

How can we get our vci-100's back to the original state? If someone could tell us how to have the original layout exactly with the upgraded pitch faders that would be preferable, but if not I am willing to lose that extra functionality to get the original set up back.

I have my controller almost back to perfect. Remapped most of the knobs and things, but for whatever reason I can't get the controller wheels back as they were before.

Anyone have a solution?

This is great! Will be upgrading too soon as well.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rodan View Post
    Man this is starting to bug. I have a show in August and I haven't mixed for lets see...4 months all out of frustration with this firmware. I've asked numerous times and have never gotten anywhere trying to get back to the original firmware.

It's probably not as complicated as I'm making it, but honestly I don't like this new mapping. I'm willing to lose the extra accurate pitch sliders to get my controller wheels back the way they were before.

I only bought this for the pitch sliders that transmitted a higher number of midi cc's, but I didn't want all this extra crap. I personally don't do the things that this template offers. I just want to mix good music without all the chopping and stuff.

How can we get our vci-100's back to the original state? If someone could tell us how to have the original layout exactly with the upgraded pitch faders that would be preferable, but if not I am willing to lose that extra functionality to get the original set up back.

I have my controller almost back to perfect. Remapped most of the knobs and things, but for whatever reason I can't get the controller wheels back as they were before.

Anyone have a solution?

Going back to the original firmware would be no option because former firmware have bugs.
    but you can load the original tsi file and relearn all the commands to your (firmware 1.4) midi commands. you don´t have to assign all the extra notes!!

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Tech Convert

I've flashed my vci-100 with windows 8 Pro 64 Bit and with a ardino with the boot loader chip removed and then flashed it

the bit you need to check is:

the recomened speeds

when the BOOT Mode prompt comes up and you are told to leave this you need to set it to 9600 and also 9600 in the com port settings in the device manger in windows

I came to me when reading in the other post that the usb too fast or something along them lines so lower speed made the rx and tx work i bricked my 100 with it erasing the kernel and FW

the pin out for the ardino is VCC (5.5V) GND 0(rx)1(tx)
    the pin out for the 100 is from the capacitor (1)GND (2)VCC (3)GND (4)RX (5) TX (6) VCC

so you need to jump the pins on the 100
    1 to 3 over to the GND on the ardino
    6 to 2 over to the 5.5V on the ardino
    pin 4 on the 100 to pin 1 on the arduino
    pin 5 on the 100 to pin 0 on the arduino

the pins need to be bacwards on the arduino to the 100 transmit and receive from the 100 and vice versa

then set it up and go

*you have to take out the bootloader chip you want to only use the ttl converter on the ardiuno not the microcontroller it wont work outher wise im sure that any serial ttl chip will work the are ones from nokia think is a dku 5 i think used them before to flash routers but i got the arduino much more virsital

** if your having problems with the DJTT FLash kit on usb turn down the BAUD RATE to 9600

thanks for reading hope you all have fun Flashing

Big thanks to Traxboy!

I succesfully flashed my VCI-100 to firmware version 1.4 with a cheap RS232 converter (bought from ebay for $2)!
    You can reach me on Facebook, Twitter and on Mixcloud!

Tech Convert

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by splashy View Post
    Big thanks to Traxboy!

I succesfully flashed my VCI-100 to firmware version 1.4 with a cheap RS232 converter (bought from ebay for $2)!
    no worries i've been offline for abit now my boy being born and the network here getting flooded hope it wasn't too much of a ball ache

Tech Wizard

Hello there,i want to make a question.I have done a fw update long time ago.Due to that i do not remember which Fw i have installed(1.3 or 1.4).Is there any easy way to figure out which fw version i currently have on my VCI-100

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ManolisP View Post
    Hello there,i want to make a question.I have done a fw update long time ago.Due to that i do not remember which Fw i have installed(1.3 or 1.4).Is there any easy way to figure out which fw version i currently have on my VCI-100

Copied from different threads:

"Version 1.2
    -VCI-100's with a green sticker on the back are firmware version 1.2
    - this version solved the ramp up problem but still has several bugs including
    * the fourth FX buttons send out the same midi message as the right headphone cue button.

Version 1.3
    The firmware found in all VCi-100SE controllers that was designed by Ean Golden.

You can tell if you have 1.3 by following these steps.

1) connect your vci-100 to a computer but dont start traktor.

2) Click the button that is at the top right hand corner of the left jog wheel (its next to the filter knob for deck A).

3) If this button's light toggles on and off then you have 1.3 (the same button on the right deck will not toggle on and off.

..."

Version 1.4
    "...
    Bonus #1
    ========

Did you know that there's a factory test mode hidden in every VCI ? It's used in the factory to test all the buttons, faders, knobs and LEDs.

With 1.4 firmware: While your VCI is off, hold RIGHT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

With previous firmwares: While your VCI is off, hold LEFT ECHO+PLAY buttons (VCI-100SE mapping) and turn it on.

Bonus #2
    ========

Nobody on the dancefloor ? Boot your VCI in easter egg mode and beat the hidden game to enter the "Disco Mode" and see the crowd jumpin' in the air!!

That works only with 1.4 firmware of course, VCI will get detected by computer once Disco Mode is activated so you may use it "as usual". Hint: same trigger as factory test mode but with different buttons "

Default trying to use old hardware with new software, !!HELP PLZ!!!!

I bought an original vci 100 two years ago with the upgrade piece from dj tech tools but i never set it up. is it still possible to use my vci with traktor pro 2? if so what is the most current mapping file and software update that i need?im new and dont know jack about any of this. some help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, you guys rule!!!!! i also have an mdp 24, is it still programmable to software of today or should i get rid of it?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by xonicdoom View Post
    I bought an original vci 100 two years ago with the upgrade piece from dj tech tools but i never set it up. is it still possible to use my vci with traktor pro 2? if so what is the most current mapping file and software update that i need?im new and dont know jack about any of this. some help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, you guys rule!!!!! i also have an mdp 24, is it still programmable to software of today or should i get rid of it?
    You can use every midi controller with Traktor. Doesn´t matter how old the controller is. The VCI100 and mpd are still programmable with today´s software.

So, the VCI-100 works fine with Traktor. But there is no more support for this unit. The mappings on DJTT are outdated (for Traktor 1.2.7).

I am still using my VCI-100 and will publish my midi mapping hopefully next week. This mapping is made for the most recent version of Traktor (2.7.) My mapping has a lot FX presets, JogFx, FaderFX, 4Deck control, juggle mode, flux mode, super knobs and more, but it will only work with updated firmware controllers. (FW1.4)

Make sure you upgrade your VCI´s firmware to 1.4 with DJTT´s upgrade kit. I will give you my mapping tsi-file and you can start making music with the recent Traktor version and the beloved VCI-100.