Adding VU meters to Vestax VCM-600

Default Adding VU meters to Vestax VCM-600

Hi all,

I have my VCM-600 for a while now and I'm very pleased with it. The only thing that I miss on this thing that I had on my old mixer, are VU meters per channel. Now I do know how to handle a soldering iron and I am not afraid of using it (). My goal is to make VU meters sort of like the ones on a Xone 92 (just round LEDs above each other). I have my eye on q couple of pre built meters to save me some hassle, but how am I going to connect these to my midi-controller? Any input i
    s appreciated...
    Last edited by DennisHuiberts; 10-25-2009 at 01:52 PM.
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DennisHuiberts View Post
    Hi all,

I have my VCM-600 for a while now and I'm very pleased with it. The only thing that I miss on this thing that I had on my old mixer, are VU meters per channel. Now I do know how to handle a soldering iron and I am not afraid of using it (). My goal is to make VU meters sort of like the ones on a Xone 92 (just round LEDs above each other). I have my eye on q couple of pre built meters to save me some hassle, but how am I going to connect these to my midi-controller? Any input i
    s appreciated...
    so sorry for digging up a year old topic, but i was just wondering if you ever succeeded?

i've been at this for 3 weeks now, but the vu meter always seems to be few milliseconds behind the beat...