Controllerism/Djing
    Tech Wizard

Default Controllerism/Djing

Hey guys I rarely ever post here, but I read a lot and I love the idea of controllerism and djing and I would like to be able to do both with one device. I was really into production for a year and a half and I really just can't take sitting down and just constantly tweaking my tracks till they are to my liking. Now over the year i spent about $1000 bucks and i feel like mostly it was a waste. I have an lpd8, oxygen 8 3rd edition, and a discover dj $100 controller. But i wanna update that set up at somepoint to a vci 1000 se or a kontrol s4 way in the future, but price wise they come out to about the same price:

300-500 vci 100 se + 200 for traktor pro + 100 for audio 2j
    or
    900 for kontrol s4 which is $100 more but is a 4 channel mixer

Just for the record Im not rich and i spend way more than i should sometimes. Should I just fool around with what I have controllerism wise and then move on? Sorry if this all sounds flakey :/ im just conflicted cause all this gear looks incredible

What it really comes down to is your work-flow. How do you think mixing will best suite your own personal needs.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Wizard

hmm idk i mean it sounds noobish but id like to be able to mix like everything and in away i guess i dont see myself mixing four tracks but I could see myself doing a controller routine with 4 tracks. Im leaning vci cause i love the fact that there are so many people that are dedicated to it here on this site

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roenykid View Post

Just for the record Im not rich and i spend way more than i should sometimes.
    Your in good company mate...

Tech Guru

I would buy an iPAD and a cheap mixer for practicing at home...
    At gigs I would use external mixing

Tech Wizard

yeah i was looking into an ipad but i like the real feel of knobs. Im wondering, as ignorant as this is, will the vci 100 have lost its flair when the s4 comes out? I know its a troll comment but i really want to know.

Honestly it really comes down to wanting a modular or all-in-one setup between the two, and also having a 2 vs 4 channel mixer.

Personally, I'm going with the S4 as I save up to buy my first controller, because I want the full 4 channel control. But if you want 2 channel control, the VCI-100SE is still a very, very solid piece of kit that will save you a bit of $$.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter