1.4 Firmware questions
    Tech Wizard

Default 1.4 Firmware questions

First off, thanks again to DaveX and the entire DJTT staff and community for not giving up on the vci-100.

1) Firmware 1.3 had a way to start it in 1.2, if I'm not mistaken, so will this one also have a secondary startup if you want to start with the older one (for whatever reason)?

2) Will this firmware work with older versions of Traktor (like traktor 3?) If so, does it come w/new .tks files/mappings?

3) What will change in terms of changes for Traktor PRO .tsi/mappings?

4) is the easter egg "disco version" just for fun (random flashing lights) or do they flash to any input?

5) Will the manual changes that DaveX stated (while in beta) still have to be made manually, or does the NEW mapping link that DJTT provides include them already?

I'm sure more ?? will come later, but these just came to mind.
    Last edited by oquela; 09-20-2010 at 11:16 PM. Reason: one added question #5

Tech Wizard

I'll add on to this thread,

1) What are the exact pitch resolutions and ranges? i.e. how much actual range and resolution do you get at +/-10% and 35%?

2) How does this higher resolution play with the new traktor update that came out a few days ago?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oquela View Post
    1) Firmware 1.3 had a way to start it in 1.2, if I'm not mistaken, so will this one also have a secondary startup if you want to start with the older one (for whatever reason)?
    You can boot into 1.2 by holding down FX preset 1 while turning on the VCI. To get back into 1.4 turni off the VCI and hold down FX preset 2 while turning it back on.

See post #6 in this thread
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...=7543#post7543

Quote Originally Posted by oquela View Post
    4) is the easter egg "disco version" just for fun (random flashing lights) or do they flash to any input?
    I'm not 100 % sure but it looks to be random flashing lights.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x