Deadmau5 & Beatport Present The Ultimate Remix Challenge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Deadmau5 & Beatport Present The Ultimate Remix Challenge

http://www.beatportal.com/feed/item/...mix-challenge/

Calling all DJs and producers! Beatport is raising the stakes with our next remix contest. Deadmau5 is looking for the ultimate jack of all trades to remix his unreleased hit ”SOFI Needs A Ladder.” His favorite remix will not only be included on mau5trap’s official “SOFI Needs A Ladder” release, but the winning remixer will also be booked for an opening slot for the mau5 himself at one of his sought-out live appearances.

The opportunity
    Starting September 21st, 2010, Beatport users are able to download the remix parts of Deadmau5 ”SOFI Needs A Ladder,” remix it, and upload their finished track to Beatportal for the voting round.

Hear Beatport’s exclusive sneak peak of the original, which is still unreleased:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz7oQrfpaTw

The first round of finalists will be divided into two categories; 10 user voted (based on the highest number of spins) and 10 editors’ favorites (picked by Beatport’s music staff). From these 20 nominees, Deadmau5 and his management team will ask the producers of their top 10 favorite remixes to flex their DJing skills by submitting a 30-minute mix for the final round of judging.

Prizes
    From the submitted mixes Deadmau5 will select his favorite DJ to receive the grand prize pack of:

- The winning remix included on mau5trap’s official release of ”SOFI Needs A Ladder”
    - The selected winning artist will also be booked for an opening performance slot during one of mau5’s critically acclaimed live appearances.
    - $250 Beatport pre-paid card
    - Beatport swag pack including t-shirts and Beatport bag
    - 1 Vmoda Crossfade LP headphones

The entry with the highest number of spins (highest user voted remix) will also be awarded:
    - $50 Beatport gift card

The stages
    1. September 21st - October 12th: Download phase - Download the remix parts of ”SOFI Needs A Ladder” for $3.99 USD.

2. September 28th - October 11th: Upload/Submission phase - Upload your remix to Beatportal to www.beatportal.com/remix. During this phase the entries can be listened to, but not voted for.

3. October 12th - October 26th: Voting phase - The public votes for their favorite remixes by “spinning” them.

4. November 9th - November 18th: DJ mix phase - Top 10 finalists are announced and contacted to submit their 30 minute DJ mix.

After a period of deliberation, the winner will be announced by November 23rd, 2010.

If you have any questions or need help please contact our Customer Care Team at: support@beatport.com

Goodluck Guys & Gals! This should be fun
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I refuse to participate in Beatport remix contests, because they want me to pay money to get the stems.
    (Yesterday started a Pendulum Remix contest at Junodownload ad they gave the stems out for free!)

"but the winning remixer will also be booked for an opening slot for the mau5 himself at one of his sought-out live appearances"

so you need to be a dj too, and if youre not, youre fucked...
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    "but the winning remixer will also be booked for an opening slot for the mau5 himself at one of his sought-out live appearances"

Nah man, you could always go up there and do interpretive dance for 1 hour.

EDIT:
    or give the slot to me...whatever's clever

I guess you could get away with playing your own stuff if your a producer. after all, Deadmau5 is an ableton DJ and he recreates his songs live most of the time.

or you could pop in your ipod and fist pump the whole time lol
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

with all the stuff we buy from NI, im sure you have a $10 gift card laying around.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

"jack of all trades to remix his unreleased hit ”SOFI Needs A Ladder.”

I like how they know it's a "hit" even though it's unreleased.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    "jack of all trades to remix his unreleased hit ”SOFI Needs A Ladder.”

I like how they know it's a "hit" even though it's unreleased.
    You misinterpret what they're saying. They're saying when it does get released, you're gonna want to hit someone.

"From these 20 nominees, Deadmau5 and his management team will ask the producers of their top 10 favorite remixes to flex their DJing skills by submitting a 30-minute mix for the final round of judging."
    Check out my...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/glenboarder99
    http://soundcloud.com/glenboarder99
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Then you are golden....like Ean Golden.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast