My new gear - S4 with Maschine and ???
    Tech Student

Default My new gear - S4 with Maschine and ???

Hey all,

Just looking for some advice on my potential new gear.

I'm currently DJ with another guy we have a midi kb and almost broken novation nocturn, running traktor pro. At the moment one DJ works EQs/filter, loads, cues and mixes a new track in, while the other messes around with other effects and loops for the outgoing song/s.

I want to expand my setup so its '4 deck mixing'-friendly, so i've already pre-ordered an S4. Now i'm deciding on my other gear that will be for better or more fx control, live looping, live beatmaking, sampling etc.

Is the maschine my best option? Do any of you guys route the maschine through a traktor channel and use it for live beat making? If so, do you use the maschine's midi function for fx, cue points etc too?

I feel that it might get a bit annoying having to flip into the midi function all the time, then flip back and you might want to control fx while your bashing out some beats at the same time....thoughts. In which case, should i get another controller just for fx, is this midi overkill?

Cheers.

Maybe you don't need a maschine at all. With 8 sample decks in each of which you can run a loop and a filter there is a lot of room for creativity. Next to that Maschine's integration with Traktor still sucks. Biggest reason I sold mine.