Using the Numark Mixtrack with decks C & D
    Tech Student

Default Using the Numark Mixtrack with decks C & D

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. I am using the Numark Mixtrack with Traktor Pro and I was wondering if I could map a shortcut perhaps, or another button on the device itself, to act as a shift function so that the entire mixtrack can control Decks C & D. Essentially, I would like to have one button shift the entire mixtrack to Decks C & D and back again, so that I can control all four decks. Any information is greatly appreciated, or if I am thinking about this in the wrong way, please let me know! Thanks.

Tech Mentor

yep that is very easy to do. You need to use Modifiers in the mapping section. There are heaps of resources on this forum about using Modifiers but I'll quickyl explain it here. You will need the following buttons:

Modifier 1: This is your "shift" button so when you press it, it will make modifier 1=1
    Then for all your other function, in the modifier conditions set it to either Mod1=0 or Mod1=1 depending on whether you want to to woek with the shift off or on.
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

Tech Student

thanks for the info! so im assuming that I would have to add the modifier to every function of the mixtrack, right?

Tech Mentor

yeah unfortunately you would. Because if you don't have a modifier condition set, then that button will work despite the setting of the modifier so you will have buttons doing the wrong thing in "Shift Mode". Ie if one button is Play/Pause in normal mode and Cue point 1 in shift mode, if you don't set modifier conditions for the play pause button to only work in normal mode then it will activate in shift mode causing all sorts of trouble

Tech Student

ok. thanks again for the info. im going to try to set this up soon.

Tech Mentor

no worries