The right software for recording a promo mix?!
    Tech Wizard

Default The right software for recording a promo mix?!

Hey Guys

I am looking for a software package to create some promotion mixes. I don't like using Traktor for recording those mixes, because as you probably guys know, making 1 failure means starting all over again. I have tried Ableton and Sound Studio for mac. The problem with those two packages is, you can only use 1 BPM speed for the whole mix.
    What i am looking for is a software package which allows me to build up the bpm of the set slowly. So for example: I want to start the mix with a 118 BPM track, build up the tempo and end it with a 130 bpm track. I have been looking for Sony Acid Pro, but i can't find out if this program also uses 1 steady bpm for recording mixes..?

I hope you guys can help me out..

Are you looking for something to record a mix live when you're on the decks?

Or something that you just put the tracks in order, mess with automation and then export the mix?
    If it's this then you can do that with Ableton - you can automate the tempo.
    Mixmeister lets you do it like that as well.

But seriously - if you're making promo mixes then it should reflect how you dj - not how well you can use a computer.
    Don't be a faker
    SC | MC

Tech Wizard

I am looking for something to put the tracks in order and mess with automation. Off course I am aware of the fact promo mixes should reflect how I DJ and always be working on my 'real' skills But sometimes I just don't have time to re-record a mix because of one to loud kick snare etc.

Thanx for the advice man!

I'd like an answer to this too!

Five years since the original post, maybe things have changed?

I'm not a DJ but a friend asked my to do a mix for an important party/celebration he has coming up.

Thanx.