M-Audio X-Session Pro MIDI v.s Behringer VMX100USB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default M-Audio X-Session Pro MIDI v.s Behringer VMX100USB

hey guys
    I am new to the digital djing scene, i have been into music production for a while now but it got a bit boring.
    Anyway. I am trana decide if i should get the m-audio x-session pro midi mixer or the Behringer VMX100USB. I think that the behringer has more possibilitys but i wanted to see what you guys say.

Oh by the way i have a behringer umx250 and i use that i fruty loops and traktor pro soo yeah but it dosent have enough knobs for me hehehe.

Tech Guru

have you thinked about korg nanokontrol?
    I have two of them, mapped to traktor mixing and fx layouts, I don't change scenes to not mess with the leds..

I use them together with my MAudio Oxygen 8 v2...

well i ordered the X session not too long ago( its still being shipped) it seems pretty simple and easy to use. The Behringer seems better though, i wish i saw it i got the x session for only $60 though. so i guess it works out

but anyway. the Behringer seems better, cause of the lights on it and the sync button seems nice. However it only has a 2 band EQ :/ sooo i dunoooo. the X session does have one extra knob though. so i guess it depends on what your using with the mixer

Just check this video out. If you like how he uses his, just download his .tsi file and BLAM done!!!. No need for the leds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UipT7QvMjcM
    Traktor Pro, Kontrol X1, 2x Xone 1D, Pioneer DJM600, Technics 1200 M3D's, Toshiba Windows 7. Audio 2
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢) ┌∩┐

i use mine along with my hercules...you will want another controller...but the xsession is good to learn on...thats what i did/am doing...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

thanks guys, im still not shure though because i might wana switch over to traktor scratch and will need a mixer with imputs and outpuuts like the behringer soo i think i might go with that.
    the behringer is also pritty cheap ova here in australia at about $110 ($104.50 USD)

Tech Student

I've owned a X-Session pro (then replaced it with lpd8)
    I recommend it as it is cheap and reliable, never had any problems with it and it is very nice for using with traktor or even ableton live as i did.
    The Behringer of course is an analogue mixer way different device but that 2-band EQ totally looks bad.
    Personally i think the x-session is the better choice and you''ll be happy with it :]

I thought the Behringer looked good until i saw the two band eq. Go for the x-session.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

get the vmx 200 a bit more expensive (150$ in Switzerland) and you got 3 band EQ, a USB version is avaiable for like 175$.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashigari View Post
    get the vmx 200 a bit more expensive (150$ in Switzerland) and you got 3 band EQ, a USB version is avaiable for like 175$.
    +1.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast