Calling all Numark Total Control Users
    Tech Guru

Default Calling all Numark Total Control Users

I am currently rebuilding a mapping based off of DJStormeagles mapping of the Numark Total Control. I am at the most basic level making a 4 deck version that is switchable at ease for quick one shots, drops, and loops. That is what I am committed to doing. Now I am crowdsourcing any ideas on things that you would want in either a 2 deck or 4 deck mapping. Mainly I'm doing this just to be able to teach myself how to program Traktor controllers in preparation of getting my S4 and having to change stuff around. But I want to make this be the end all be all with exactly what it can do.

So anyone who has or has used a Numark TC and could give feedback on what was missing or what needs to be changed please feel free to post here and/or send me a PM. I will be posting logs of my progress in the coming days and will hopefully have a final TSI to be posted at the latest 2 weeks.

Anyone who has used Stormeagles mapping I would love to here from you the most as that is what I am basing this on. This is not meant to be a replacement to his 2 deck mapping but rather more akin to an expansion pack for the people that need those extra 2 decks :P.

So Please any help would be awesome I mean don't think small either I really wanna figure out how far I can push the coding within Traktor. So any comments no matter how small or big if you can think it up I wanna try to build it into it.

Thanks everyone.

using the pitch faders as volume controls for decks C and D is a good idea, but i still want to control the pitch for decks a,b,c,and d

use the same fx controlls as storm eagle, as well as the shift key functions for the buttons (activating fx units for example)
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Guru

I have some good ideas that look great on paper that would allow the pitch faders to be controlling either A+C and B+D with very little ease I have to get it put into the coding first to work it all out but with enough modifiers it would take but a one button to switch everything and change the layout and then the same button to switch it all back there are a few things to consider like either to use soft takeovers and little things like that but I will test all these in the coming days but thanks for the quick reply and ideas. Like I said I am working from Stormeagles base setup and am going to keep a lot of the things he put in there the same there will be some things changed just because I simply thought they were clunky in the way that they were setup and not useful to me. I am not putting down his mapping at all it's all a matter of preference. I will try to do a video much akin to the one he did to explain all the different functions of every fader knob and button. This mapping will try to be a multi layered mapping to get more out of it. How many I don't know all I know is that I need 4 deck control within the same controller I can't keep using 2 LPD8's

If I'm the only person ever who uses this new mapping that's fine by me I just would love to get it out there to help other people who may be in the same situation as me.

sorry for the bump. let me know what happens.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Convert

heres an idea i tried working on but got pretty complicated and dropped the project because of my lack of time.

I basically tried to map:
    - pressing Shift 1 key while holding Shift 2, would TOGGLE Shift 3 key (which made left side Deck 3)
    - pressing Shift 2 key while holding Shift 1, would TOGGLE Shift 4 key (which made right side Deck 4)

Complications:
    - when hitting the combination for Shift 3 or 4 it would actually toggle it and stay lit BUT the modifier needed for the combination ALSO stayed toggled (Shift 1 o 2)

Let me know if you want to get into this idea so i can give you more info on it and possible work something out together xD

(first reply/post...no more lurking!!! haha)

Take a look at my 2.0.1 mapping, I completely reworked the back-end modifier scheme to allow for easy customization. There's more info on the changes in my thread here: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10421
    www.djstormeagle.com

DJ Gear: Traktor Pro 2|Traktor Kontrol S4|Macbook Pro
    Audio Gear: Crown XLS 1500|Behringer 212XL|Gemini GVX-SUB 15P
    Lighting: American DJ Galaxian 3D|American DJ LED Megabar 50|American DJ Mini Fog