HeadPHones
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HeadPHones

Tech Wizard

Default HeadPHones

Its that time again need new headphones, what should i go with?
    name your favorite....also any thoughts on what laidback uses??

Tech Mentor

I have the xone 53 headphones from allen & heath. I think they're the best choice in the market. Very well built with fantastic sound quality and comfortable for even the longest gigs. Of course there are other options too but I think they'll suit even the most demanding dj of all in a competitive price.

absolutely love my ATH-M50s, they produce a nice flat response so they are great for production. they also have excellent sound isolation so they work wonders for djing. I got these as a back up while my HD-25s where being serviced and i honestly like them more.

Quote Originally Posted by Philippro View Post
    I have the xone 53 headphones from allen & heath. I think they're the best choice in the market. Very well built with fantastic sound quality and comfortable for even the longest gigs. Of course there are other options too but I think they'll suit even the most demanding dj of all in a competitive price.
    I've got the same one's and I agree- amazing sound, but I find that my ears start to hurt after long periods of time. But maybe it's just my head shape, or something.
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

ctrld

I just picked up a pair of shure shr750s. they're doing quite well so far; good sound and excellent isolation, plus very sturdy considering that build type usually breaks at one of the hinges. this one doesn't look like it will. I'm looking forward to the field test on saturday

I have been using Reloop RHP-10s for the last 7-8 months, i loved them but they're starting to die on me . The left ear swivel bit has broken so now they dont sit very comfortably any more.

Im looking at investing in a pair of the AIAIAI TMA-1s in the DJTT store. Their basic look does it for me, and leads me to assume that there would be less to go wrong with these.
    | VCI-100 Arcade | Midifighter | MBP 13" | NI Audio 4 | Reloop RMP1 x2 | Reloop IQ2 | Traktor Scratch + Pro | Ableton |

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by misha_val View Post
    I've got the same one's and I agree- amazing sound, but I find that my ears start to hurt after long periods of time. But maybe it's just my head shape, or something.
    I have the same problem too but only when wearing them in both ears for an hour or more. Which IMO never happens in a realistic club situation.

Tech Guru

hdj- 2000's... Quite expensive but I got them for free from a big DJ down my way who no longer wanted them. Veeeery good sound quality and it has memory foam in the ear padding.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

HD25s - awesome bit of kit
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Mentor

Been working off of my Sony MDR-7506 for years! The plastic leather treatment has completely worn off and can see some of the yellow foam around the ear surrounds... even had to re-solder the left channel in the phones.. but they sound great and can pump out loads of volume when needed.

I also use a pair of Bose in-ear phones as well... I've found these have a remarkably flat response and can even do basic production mixing in them (but not mastering of course!!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast