I hate screws!

Thread: I hate screws!

Angry I hate screws!

Hi there
    okay i think a picture says it all:

what should i do? can vestax help me or does anyone have experience with something like that?

i just wanted to upgrade my controller... i'm so sad its my fault

please don't kill me!

To me it didn't even look like a regular philips screw bit to begin with. It looks like a special square bolt or even maybe an allen screw. I don't believe that would have happened if that were a philips screw and you were using the correct screwdriver.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'm not even going to ask if your were using the correct screwdriver because it's obvious you weren't. You can get that out with a screw extractor, but it could turn into a delicate job. If there's not enough of the head of the screw to get a bite on it you'll have to drill it out with a tiny drill bit. It's possible you could start a bit and the reverse action MIGHT start to turn the screw out, but I doubt it.

Here's a start on some screw extractors.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rh=n:2225074011&page=1

Your going to need a pretty small one probably and if there's a good shop locally that sells tools I would take the VCI in there and see if the salesman can help you pick the right size extractor instead of ordering blind online.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

What Photojojo says... But please, be careful, don't rush it like you did with the torquescrew earlier on.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I looked at it again and if this was brought to me to fix I would use one of the square looking extractors versus one of the round ones. I would use a very small drill bit and drill into the center of the screw (I have a drill press though) then take the extractor and gently tap it into the hole and screw it out.

Another thing you might try is to fill the hole you have there with JB Weld let it dry a little bit (How long depends on which JB Weld you get and how long it takes it to set) then take a phillips screwdriver with a good tip on it and push it into the damp JB weld. then let it sit overnight. You MIGHT be able to get the screw out then, but I wouldn't bet on it. When your trying to screw it off set the VCI on it's side on a pillow so you can put some body weight straight down onto it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x