Traktor Pro or T 3.4?
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor Pro or T 3.4?

I am in a debate and maybe some others here whether to use and program T Pro or T 3.4

Traktor Pro: nice sound, new fx, ...
    but the turntable feel hooked up to platters sounds not very warm and real to me..not like old decks.

T 3.4 seems to have a better feel and even a real brake..seems also more stable..

these are just my thoughts..am I wrong??

I too am in the same boat, I have played with TPro a fair bit but am not ready to make the leap just yet.

I also agree t3.4 feel's more stable
    VAIO - T3/PRO - VCI 100 - AK1 - DJM-400

Personally im just giving pro some more time to work out its flaws....then i shall give NI another 100$
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

In regards to TPro not sounding like a turntable when you move the platters back and forth, its your sound card. I had a similar issue when I used my Echo Indigo DJ card. Once I switched over to the Audio 8, problem was gone.

Also can you share more info on the "real brake" on 3.4? I have a brake trigger on my vci, but I always like to see how other djs achieve the brake stop.

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    I am in a debate and maybe some others here whether to use and program T Pro or T 3.4

Traktor Pro: nice sound, new fx, ...
    but the turntable feel hooked up to platters sounds not very warm and real to me..not like old decks.

T 3.4 seems to have a better feel and even a real brake..seems also more stable..

these are just my thoughts..am I wrong??
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    In regards to TPro not sounding like a turntable when you move the platters back and forth, its your sound card. I had a similar issue when I used my Echo Indigo DJ card. Once I switched over to the Audio 8, problem was gone.
    WTF? sound is sound i would assume...44.1KHz audio is 44.1KHz audio, the audio rendering engine of Traktor will not change with a different soundcard.

Well, it could be part of the interpretation from the hardware and driver itsself.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Dunno if this is relevant but noticed when you spin back the pitch (like turning off a turntable) with key off then turn key on again while platter is still moving the track will slow to a stop then play backwards!(sometimes)

I have to say the "scrarch" quality of Tpro is alot better for me, am usin NI AK1.

Last edited by Moomin_papa; 11-26-2008 at 06:27 AM. Reason: missed a bit
    VAIO - T3/PRO - VCI 100 - AK1 - DJM-400

Tech Guru

Hey,
    well maybe it is just getting used to things.
    I cannot get any spin back or any real feel for the platters, but I am in CJD Mode and set to my VCI platter. Maybe you suggest scracth mode all the time?

Also, anyone can help with just a basic transport controls. I mean I assigned
    Play/pause and ,cue, but they all act weird. I set a cue marker (far right) and want to set it just before the song starts and it will not set. I moved from SNAP to CD and still same..Transport area is weird for me.

Any ideas?