Headphone Cue w AudioFire4 - Correct Config but still not working

Default Headphone Cue w AudioFire4 - Correct Config but still not working

From what I have gathered from the forum I have the correct setup but headphone cueing is still not working with me in traktor scratch pro.

Settings:

-Audio Device: ASIO AudioFire
    -Output Routing:

Mixing Mode: Internal

Output Monitor
    L 3: Analog out 3
    R 4: Analog out 4

Output Master
    L 1: Analog out 1
    R 2: Analog out 2

Input Routing: Everything set as "not connected"

Speakers and cross fading are working fine it's just the headphone cueing that does not work.

Yes I read the manual and no help.

Note:

When I switch 1&2 with 3&4 and vice versa pressing the headphone cue button on my vci100se causes both my headphones and speakers to jump to full volume.

Also, with the above configuration, I hear the same thing from my speakers and headphones.

Connectivity:

Laptop headphone jack out to SPDIF input
    Computer speakers jack plugged into Audiofire Output 1
    Headphones plugged into headphone jack which is in the front of the Audiofire w the preamps

Tech Wizard

I'm using an Audiofire 2 and headphone cueing works with traktor pro.

My settings in traktor

Output monitor L Playback 3
    R Playback 4

Output Master L Playback 1
    R Playback 2

Check your settings in audiofire console,

Playback 1 & 2 analog out
    Playback 3 & 4 Headphones

Why do you have Laptop headphone jack out to SPDIF input?
    Last edited by Mole; 11-26-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Hey Mole-

I opened the audiofire console and could not find the settings to specify analog out vs headphones. All I see is the green/yellow/red volume bars going up and down as the music plays. I think our traktor settings are the same so the problem must be in the audiofire console.

Also, if I do not connect my headhone jack out to SPDIF input how else am I supposed to get the music to the soundcard?

*noob alert*

Tech Mentor

the music gets to the soundcard from the workstation/notebook via the firewire plus at the back.

the spdif out or 1/4 inch line outputs shoudl then go to your mixer or amp and then to speakers.

headphones would be plugged into a headphone jack - typically located at the front.. this is probably your problem if your pluggin them in the back

image can be found here > http://www.echoaudio.com/products/Fi...4_both_big.jpg

make sure you have the phones volume turned up and plugged in to the 1/8 jack under the word phones.

hope that helps..

Tech Wizard

The firewire connection to the audiofire is all you need, disconnect the spdif.

Here is the manual

http://www.echoaudio.com/Downloads/M...ual%20v2.0.pdf

According to that analog outputs 1 & 2 are monitored with headphones so you should set those in traktor as monitor and 3 & 4 as master.

Try the cue button in software first in case there's something wrong with your midi settings.

You do have your channel fader at 0 when you cue right?, because you will hear the same thing through phones and speakers if you don't.

BTW if your have only connected output 1 to your speakers thats a single channel so mono only.
    Last edited by Mole; 11-26-2008 at 05:18 AM.

Tech Wizard

Audio Device: Asio AudioFire
    Mixing Mode: Internal
    Monitor output: 1/2
    Master output: 3/4 or 5/6

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The firewire connection to the audiofire is all you need, disconnect the spdif.

Here is the manual

http://www.echoaudio.com/Downloads/M...ual%20v2.0.pdf

According to that analog outputs 1 & 2 are monitored with headphones so you should set those in traktor as monitor and 3 & 4 as master.

Try the cue button in software first in case there's something wrong with your midi settings.

You do have your channel fader at 0 when you cue right?, because you will hear the same thing through phones and speakers if you don't.

BTW if your have only connected output 1 to your speakers thats a single channel so mono only.

Thanks I disconnected the extraneous spdif cable.

I have the settings as it is written in the manual (monitored 1&2, master 3&4) and they give me the following result:

When Deck A channel fader is at zero (all the way down) and the cross fader is all the way right (so only Deck B is audible) when I press cue on the vci100se or in traktor pro I can suddenly hear Deck A louder than Deck B over the speakers and headphones even though it should be silenced over the speakers since the channel fader is at zero.

What am I doing wrong?

Mole mentioned to ensure my settings are:

Playback 1 & 2 analog out
    Playback 3 & 4 Headphones

But in my console for audiofire 4 I am not able to specify those settings. I simply have volume meters and under the settings tab I can only change sample rate, buffer size, clock source, and spdif format.

Any ideas?