Deckadance relooper and loop-leap

Default Deckadance relooper and loop-leap

Does anybody know if it is possible to use these features in Traktor?

http://www.deckadance.com/relooper.html

Leap means loop untill the leap button is released, when the leap button is released the deck will continue playing from the point it would be if the leap (loop) was not activated.

Relooper chops the sample that is in the active memory into little peaced and allows you to play it, in a random sequence.

Both real nice features but I cannot seem to find them in Traktor.

You can make a 4 bar loop or shorter with the beatmasher, the deck will continue to go forward while the beatmasher is playing so that the same as loop leap.

The beatmasher also acts as relooper, turn the beatmasher on advanced mode and use the rot knob to play from differerent points in the sample, and use length knob to determine how long those loop chunks are.

Yeah, beatmasher is as close as you are going to get. I liked to use relooper on DD. You can make some awesome sounds with it.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverhex View Post
    Yeah, beatmasher is as close as you are going to get. I liked to use relooper on DD. You can make some awesome sounds with it.
    You could make it be exactly like the relooper on DD if you were synced to a Host like Ableton and were using a midi sequencer to control the beatmasher. Not exactly totally userfriendly to setup, but once it was going it would be pretty fun.

The beatmasher in a Traktor is a powerful tool, i have been toying with the Traktor Pro fx for kicks and in particular the beatmasher. Theres alot that can be done with it even without being synced to a host like Ableton, the beatmasher deserves an article of its own to to explain what tricks it can be used for.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I've been playing with it a bit as well. it can do some really interesting off-beat stutters with the right combination. I was surprised when I was playing it with it for the four-man-mix we're making
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Great! This was what I was looking for! Thanks!