Recording my mixes
    Tech Convert

Default Recording my mixes

Hi guys , i am new in dj . It's like my new passion i always wanted to do that and i decided to work and make some money to buy what i need. Ive bought the typhoon vestax because i am beginner( i am not that satisfated ) because first of all :

I pay 400Bux for the table , after that i discover my program dont even have the Button record and that if i want to record i need to pay another 130$:O

Ive searching on google to find a solution on recording but the only solution ive found it's by using the program Audacity or using some kind of cable. But i dont get how to config the audacity to make it record my mixes. Can someone help me please?

Btw :

1. I dont have speakers
    2. My sound card it's hd(in case that help)

Hope someone can help me thank you!

PS: Sorry for my bad english!

well, if theres 'RCA out' in the mixer, then just buy RCA/3mm cable to connect your Typhoon Vestax to your computer (there should be an 'aux-in' or 'line in' connection in your computer)

after its properly connected you should be able to just press the rec button in audacity and its recording whatever you play =)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You get a lot more than recording capabilities for that $130 (I'm assuming it's Traktor) Loads of FX and two more decks are unlocked.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Just buy a RCA to 3mm and run audacity or some WAV recording app in the background, press record and cmd(alt)-tab to your mixing app and start away! I've definitely had to do this before :-)
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJMutagen View Post
    Just buy a RCA to 3mm and run audacity or some WAV recording app in the background, press record and cmd(alt)-tab to your mixing app and start away! I've definitely had to do this before :-)
    Audacity IMO is the best open source software you'll get for recording. May be others but Audacity has the biggest backing for support and development in terms of the free stuff.
    Setup: Studio XPS 1640 | VCI-100 SE | LPD8 | Traktor Pro | KRK Rokit Powered 6 G2 SE (Red)