VCI-100: Knob issue (Gain/Filter)
    Tech Student

Default VCI-100: Knob issue (Gain/Filter)

Hey guys,

I'm using a VCI-100SE for quite a while now and I'm really happy with it.
    However, I noticed a kind of odd behavior with the Gain/Filter knobs assigned to deck A/C, B/D are ok.
    When I try to increase or reduce the Gain, nothing happens. In the Traktor GUI, the knob just stays at the same position, but when I play with the Filter knob, it's always adjusting Gain and Filter at the same time.

Any idea about what's causing this behavior? Im using FW 1.3 and the latest mappings.

Cheers,

Manuel

I take it your VCI has at least firmware 1.3 since you say it's an SE? Are you using the DJTT mapping?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Student

Correct, it's running with firmware 1.3 and I'm using DJTT mappings (I'll check the version of the .tsi file after work).

Is it a new problem that has emerged after normal usage or have you only just loaded the mapping for the first time? Try loading the .tsi twice then closing and opening traktor twice. I have no idea why this works but it does seem to iron out random glitches!

Edit: I'd also suggest you upgrade to FW 1.4 and use the new mapping if possible, there are noticeable improvements and it's likely this would fix your problem!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Try reloading the tsi a couple of times like fullenglishpint said.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

Ok guys,

I've recognized this problem after using the VCI for about 2-3 weeks when I received it in May this year and I think it was already there by the first time I used it. However, I was not really bothered, but I felt like I should ask here because someone else may already stumbled across this issue.

I followed your instructions and reloaded the latest .tsi file a couple of times (reloading the tsi twice and restarting traktor twice), unfortunately the problem still persists. About upgrading to FW 1.4, I'll try to get a firmware upgrade kit, but since I'm from Switzerland it's going to take a while..

I live in the UK and ordered one, it got here in about a week so should be about the same to you.

Same problem here. Gain filter knob just does... nothing. Feels random to me. Can't see a real pattern in this thing.
    Sometimes i just start twisting that thing like a mad man and all of a sudden it just starts working.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricoot View Post
    Same problem here. Gain filter knob just does... nothing. Feels random to me. Can't see a real pattern in this thing.
    Sometimes i just start twisting that thing like a mad man and all of a sudden it just starts working.
    Are you talking about the gain knob or the shift+filter knob to adjust the key? The problem your describing sounds like the latter.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x