VCI-100SE + Kontrol X1?

Default VCI-100SE + Kontrol X1?

Hi,

I have the set up you can see below including a VCI-100SE, I noticed that many people on the forum also have a Traktor Kontrol X1.

My question is simply is it worth it? What extra functionality do you get by having an X1 alongside?

Thanks!
    Last edited by fullenglishpint; 10-05-2010 at 09:00 AM.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

So much functionality, I wish i could afford one.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You don't really gain any functionality that you don't already have with the DJTT mappings. What you do gain is all those buttons freed up on the VCI or the X1 to map other things to. To me seems it just makes using the labeled things on the X1 easier during mixes so I might be more inclined to use them when appropriate.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    You don't really gain any functionality that you don't already have with the DJTT mappings. What you do gain is all those buttons freed up on the VCI or the X1 to map other things to. To me seems it just makes using the labeled things on the X1 easier during mixes so I might be more inclined to use them when appropriate.
    Yeh, I suppose you get better looping functionality and all 8 hotcues in 1 place. Also, easier access to individual effects on both decks at the same time.

Anyone who uses both got any thoughts?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES