VCI-100SE 1.3 - LED's work different ?

Default VCI-100SE 1.3 - LED's work different ?

Hey,

I've just updated my black Japanese VCI-100 with 1.3 and the nice overlays. On my previous firmware I'ld see on my VCI if the decks were running. The " play" button would turn blue. On the new firmware, with the downloaded mappings (from here) it won't anymore.....how can I fix this ?

Tech Wizard

I think it's the firmware, since I have the same issue, but w/ a regular american market vci-100 that has the firmware upgrade.

Ean says it's possible to keep the play button lit (or at least lit so you know it's engaged) but no one has been able to come up with a solution.

Sheph offered up a possible fix: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1741

but it lights up the third button (Pause) not the Play button. Using his solution, I tried to do it myself, but no go.

Ean...help.

I didnt change any of the play buttons firmware settings. however I did move the play button so its possible that button has not been set up to accept midi-in. I will chec next week but it should just be an issue of adding the right midi setting which was not in the TSI or TKS. are we talking about Traktor Pro or Traktor 3 here?

Tech Wizard

hi Ean,
    in my case, it's Traktor 3.

Tech Wizard

Default Any luck, Ean?

Did you get a chance to work on the Play LED staying on, Ean?

yes i checked it out and here is the story:

originally vestax did not enable all of the buttons to receive MIDI IN so you can light up buttons from the software. On 1.2 they mapped the play button to the far left button (which has midi in enabled) I re-mapped it to the far right because its more intuitive but that button apparently did not have midi in enabled. I did not realize that when programming the 1.3 firmware so unfortunately we did not fix that problem.

so bottom line, without a firmware update or moving the play button to the left that button can not light up when play is enabled.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for checking, Ean. Maybe an idea for firmware vers. 1.3.1 or 1.4? It would be better than ruining my overlay with a marker/sticker.

Thanks again.