For those guys out there with a MBP 13" - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

im with you OmniRoss.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by mixmonster5 View Post
    I have a macbook. It's only 13 inches. It's sufficient enough. No lag atall really unless i leave everything else running by mistake.
    Ok so when you have other programs running it lags sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    my 4 year old black macbook 13" 2.0 ghz C2D can handle TSP.

I can run TSP & Maschine at the same time on my 13" MBP.
    Thanks JesC, good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    Core2Duos are massively powerful processors, it makes me chuckle when people come on here and ask if they're sufficient enough!
    Yeah my current laptop has it, and it runs TSP fine, but only if I have my WiFi, Antivirus, and everything else besides TSP switched off.

Tech Guru

i have my wifi on (by default), firefox and itunes on most of the time that i use it and i experience no problems. Even when i broadcast via ustream on top of all of that
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Even when I have 10 days of uptime, with my laptop sleeping and waking up a lot when switching classes etc, and running Chrome, Skype, MSN, Office, Mail, iCal, and iTunes, I can still run Traktor to try something out I just saw online, and it works flawlessly. Also did a 6 hour house set back to back with a friend, where we also played some stuff from youtube, and it didn't let me down.

And it's small enough to fit in my normal size Dakine backpack.

However, don't but one right now if you don't need it:
    http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Pro
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

I never have problems with my 13" MBP running Traktor and ableton simultaneously on separate screens, along with all the normal programs in the background.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

i've got the 13 inch MBP, and it seems small, but thats cause i've moved from a 15.5" laptop previously. I'm getting used to it slowly but surly. it makes more difference when surfing the next as I'm expecting the pages to look bigger (about 2.5" bigger in fact!) but for traktor its fine for me. I have mine set up so when scrolling through tracks it expands to the full screen, so really that was the only problem I may have had reading the tune names, but i find this works fine. Otherwise i've had no problems at all.
    Oh. My. Daze!

13" works perfectly fine for me plus it's a lot easier transporting it around compared to my old "17

Tech Mentor

go for it, I went from a 13" MB, to 15" MBP, then a 10" netbook with OSX, back to a 13" MBP as my main DJ/anything laptop. When I say everything, I DJ, photoshop, illustrator, final cut pro, ableton, parallell, websurf, etc. and it will be my main machine for the next 3-4 years till I out out grow it.

http://www.ecrater.com/p/4843132/tar...iami-messenger

this thing carries a 17" mbp, an apc40, headphones, power strip, all necessary cables that dont fit in my flight case, as well as a hair brush (gf), sunglasses (me), pens, pencils, flyers, cards, snackz (wewt), and random pieces of lint.

baller.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Tech Wizard

I wasn't too sure either before I switched from a pretty top spec Sony Laptop to MBP13", expecting to have to close everything else down to avoid it stuttering or lagging (on top of the ubiquitous pc to mac fears of the unknown) , but I haven't had to do it once. I've usally got at least half a dozen programs still running (usually out of sheer laziness) including football streams, photoshop, bluetooth and not a problem in the 3months I've had it!

One thing I have noticed is the TP settings now seem to take a few seconds to load but this might be because I've got 6 controller mapping tsi's loaded?

+1 for the 'browser only toggle' and its handy sometimes to have a couple buttons for window deck zoom when trying to get grid markers just right.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast