The basics

Thread: The basics

Default The basics

Can anyone point me toward a basic bunch of settings for my VCI-100 with Traktor Pro?

I have a virgin VCI, firmware 1.2 as far as i can figure (it's pretty new). It worked great with the last version of Traktor but i've not been able to find anything that pretty much just replicates that for TPro - I've tried the DJTT file from here (the link in your forum sticky doesn't work for me btw Ean, had to do what luv2xra advised), things like cue, effects and the wheels act differently or not at all..

I'm looking for a good basic starting point really - something that works for a brand-new VCI, maybe others are also?

Not sure i need to get 1.3 firmware and an overlay (at which point maybe it all makes sense?) - tbh i'm happy enough with the basic layout of the VCI as it is... Pretty new to this all so sometimes less=more
    Save money on binoculars - Simply move closer to the object you intend to view!

use the basic layout that traktor pro provides. It pretty basic, but you have to remapped to your taste. as for v1.3 for tpro, its really not needed for basic use, but in the future if you get into advance midi mapping I would, and just about everyone on this board would recommend the firmware update.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

It's so basic, it just doesn't work - even simple stuff like the cue button does nothing, you have to press the effect button above it which is actually now the cue button(?!)... I'll just have a go and make my own up from scratch, not that I mind doing that at all - just not a very user-freindly starting point though really .. Doing anything approximating what the buttons say would be a good start.. lol

There's a gap between getting hold of a VCI/TPro and where most of you guys are ... was just wondering if there was anything that already plugs that gap some.. perhaps not - thanks anyway though

If I get any joy creating a basic setup i'll try and post it up.. i'm sure there must be plenty other folk just starting out like me get a bit overwhelmed by the learning curve required...
    Save money on binoculars - Simply move closer to the object you intend to view!