Upgrade to Traktor S4 or CDJ's
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Upgrade to Traktor S4 or CDJ's

Im currently using VCI-100SE. Because of the realese of s4,I really want to upgrade my equipment(it is so f**kin' awsome!). On ther onther hand,with this amount of money(plus a bit more),I can also buy CDJ's which can also be used as a MIDI controller like Reloop Rmp3. Do you guys have some suggestions for me? Thanks in advance!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

s4 all the way dude

i would say CDJ's, S4 looks dope but once you get club gigs, cdj will help you more in the long run.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

S4 for sure. Look at the functionality you're getting, especially if you already own Traktor. S4 with the samples and loop recorder is now like a Mini DAW. Easily create re-edits, build your own sample library.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you want to use your own gear at parties and gigs the S4 will be easier to transport than CDJ's and a mixer. If you want to be able to walk into a club and be comfortable using their equipment then maybe the CDJ's. Although Dubba Dutch said the S4 jogs felt a lot like CDJ's from a competent scratchers viewpoint. So maybe you'll be able to learn beatmatch just as well with the S4.

I'm getting an S4 eventually.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Personally I'd opt for CDJ 200s/400s and a nice mixer (hmmm... ecler evo 4/nuo 5 for internal FX) rather than a S4 if it were the same price, but that's just preference. For the cash the S4 is a very good option.

I'd at least look into getting some CDJ 200s to use with timecodes (or just routed through traktor as is) just so you can get used to using CDJs to beatmatch and stuff. Very useful if you plan to work in clubs. The S4 has the inputs for two so the only problem would be the cost.

Wait didn't I just post in this thread?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Another option would be S4 and CDJ's since you can use the S4 as a mixer.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Do you really think that even if your music is sick and you draw a nice crowd, a club will turn you down for using a controller over their CDJs?
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

I would like to think that soon more and more clubs will turn digital. Seems to me to be a lot cheaper for them anyways, maybe not use the S4 as a standard of course, but have some kind of set up for the digital dj. I dont think the cdj will ever be eradicated, but hopefully clubs will make room for the digital dj.

Nasty Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    Do you really think that even if your music is sick and you draw a nice crowd, a club will turn you down for using a controller over their CDJs?
    yes
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast