Jog wheel maintenance (+LED replacement) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Yeah mine was fine before updating to 1.4 firmware, and now the right jog plays up but the left is fine still. I have tried reverting to 3.5.2 mapping but the problem remains.
    PC i5 4690k, Win 7 64bit, 8gb ram, Audio4 DJ, Vestax VCI-100, Technics SL1200mk2's, Numark CDX, Vestax VCI-100, Behringer DDM4000, Stanton SK6, Korg Kaoss pad 2, Novation Bass station, Yamaha RY30, Akai SG01v, Lexicon Vortex, Art FXR, Akai LPD8, Maschine mk2, Roland TB-3.

Tech Convert

Did anyone solve this problem (right wheel becomes unresponsive/jittery for scratching after upgrading to FW1.4) yet? Did physical jog wheel maintenance/lubricating the ground finger lead to any successes on this?

I still have the feeling that this is a software/mapping issue...also: when the deck is playing, scratching works far worse than when the decks are in stop or pause mode.

All opinions on this are more than welcome!

^^^ im sure this is a mapping issue, as i have upgraded my vci to 1.4, and using my own personal mapping, am having no problems with the right jog wheel compared to the left. hope this helps...

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

This really sounds like a mapping issue, but I have no clue what it is. Has everybody loaded the mapping twice using the big import button restarting Traktor each time? Does the jog act different when you turn scratch on and off? Does it work properly in fader FX mode? Does pitch bend work correctly?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

I loaded the mapping twice using the big import button and restarted Traktor (twice) each time. I will look into the last 3 questions (Scratch, faderFX, pitch bend) tonight and post my results. This is SOOO annoying! I paid a lot of money for this and it dont work properly
    PC i5 4690k, Win 7 64bit, 8gb ram, Audio4 DJ, Vestax VCI-100, Technics SL1200mk2's, Numark CDX, Vestax VCI-100, Behringer DDM4000, Stanton SK6, Korg Kaoss pad 2, Novation Bass station, Yamaha RY30, Akai SG01v, Lexicon Vortex, Art FXR, Akai LPD8, Maschine mk2, Roland TB-3.

Haven't actually got round to opening up my vci-100 yet, been busy. Thought I should mention that I'm actually still on 1.3 firmware, FWIW.

Another thing to try would be to delete any VCI mappings you have in there before importing. Not sure if this would help or not, but it's worth a try. Maybe try the basic mapping that comes with traktor Is everybody on 1.2.6?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Ok, so having done some testing with the default vci-100 mapping:

When scrolling through the track with the top of the jog wheel ("jogseek" on default overlay not lit), it works fine. When scratching ("jogseek" lit up) it is jittery. When using the outside of the jog wheel in either case, it works fine.

1.3 firmware, mapping downloaded from here:
    http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/detail.p...id_page_url=56

Quote Originally Posted by mistertuckshop View Post
    Ok, so having done some testing with the default vci-100 mapping:

When scrolling through the track with the top of the jog wheel ("jogseek" on default overlay not lit), it works fine. When scratching ("jogseek" lit up) it is jittery. When using the outside of the jog wheel in either case, it works fine.

1.3 firmware, mapping downloaded from here:
    http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/detail.p...id_page_url=56
    Does the DJTT mapping give you the same results?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Yes, just tried it. Same results. The problem only occurs when scratch is turned on.

(the vestax mapping is slightly different because I think they use seek position so it doesn't 'scratch' through the track as such, just scrolls quickly, but I don't think that's really relevant, the glitch still occurs when scratch button is turned on)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast