to buy or not to buy S4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default to buy or not to buy S4

hey guys

i need some advice.

i have a vci 100 se and a audio 8 dj soundcard and a cracked version of traktor(using it at home)
    i was thinking about selling those two and buy myself a s4, what do you think about that?
    i could get about maybe 550 euros for both.
    dont get me wrong i like the vci 100 but somehow something in me says that i need to get the s4 cause then i would have a legal version of traktor 2 and im somehow sure that DJTT (a community that can`t be compared to any other) is going to make an awesome mapping for it later.

what would you do

:eek:

Tech Guru

Man that’s a tough one, but I do agree you should have a legit version of Traktor. Why do you have an Audio 8 if your not using timecode. It’s an awesome sound card but I’m guess you don’t use three of the channels when you play. I would advise to stick to your current set up if you plan using Time Code or had Traktor Scratch already, or planned on using an external mixture in the future.

If your plan is to have an all in one solution, then yeah I’d probably sell what you have and get a legit version of Traktor with the S4. At the current price listed here of 899.00 that’s gonna be tough to beat by anyone. 4 channel controller, HID jogs, X1 quality knobs, 1:1 mapping, excellent sound card, PLUS the latest Traktor Software.

Unless planning on using time code in the future and getting scratch. I would sell.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

thats a good advice, the soundcard is awesome but i think i wont use timecode in the future so you are right about that one.
    i bought the audio 8 for something like 250 euros so it was cheap(not new, but like new)
    thanx

S4 will eventually have DVS support anyway, so you may not need the Audio 8 anyway
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    S4 will eventually have DVS support anyway, so you may not need the Audio 8 anyway
    This is why I want to sell all my gear to buy an S4. The wife doesn't know just yet, and she will freak ... big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    This is why I want to sell all my gear to buy an S4. The wife doesn't know just yet, and she will freak ... big time.
    this is also a big reason i want the s4.

BUT.... what do you do if you need to set up traktor scratch in a club, using the club setup (ie no room for the s4). in this case, youll still need the audio 8 and traktor scratch....

what to do what to do....

Tech Wizard

I would go with the s4, you're upgrading from a 2-channel mixer to a 4-chan mixer. Like you said, you'll get the latest version of traktor with the purchase of the controller. You're also getting quality knobs like someone stated before, no mapping (but eventually we'll need it). HID Jogs.. there's just so many pluses to the s4, it's ridiculous. for $900 bucks.. its well worth it..

Traktor s4 (Controller) + Traktor s4 (Software) + Audio 4 (Quality sound card) + 1 Hour tutorial = WIN.

I would buy the S4 and not mention that you stole your software the first time
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the shmobletons View Post
    Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    this is also a big reason i want the s4.
    To annoy the wife??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast