Hack: Recycling your old vinyl bag
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hack: Recycling your old vinyl bag

Ever wondered what to do with your old vinyl bag? Here’s a quick hack that will pump new life into the old DJ bag.

Since I used, fellow Restricted Sessions/Lime member, Rick’s Magma Vinyl bag for the MIDI Fight Club in Tresor, I wanted one for myself.

The space that that bag offered, enabled me to hold my MacBook Pro, both my MIDI controllers, my soundcard, cables, headphone and still leave me with enough room to still drop in clothes and a big towel.

Through fellow AboutDJ member Royce, I received my own Magma vinyl bag and decided to do some small modding of my own.

I decided to make a small section in which my MacBook Pro would be stacked against the padding of the bag, so that that will leave me with a nice space in the rest of the bags main compartment.

No ‘how to‘ pictures, as it is a fairly simple add velcro action to make this happen.

The pictures were created with my mobile phone, so the quality is not too high this time.
    Last edited by tekki; 10-10-2010 at 02:56 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

LoLz... page 3 already? Bump!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

LoLZ... 202 views and only 2 bumps by me.

so waddaya gonna do with that big empty space?
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    Why, stick Karlos in there! BTW Tekki i read it when you posted it on your blog. Heck I need to bring life back to my old record crates or my DJ PRO BAG
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I see this bag and all i wanna do is fill it with ice and heineken's
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    Well, gonna be dropping my headphones (, mixer) and BCR in it, and fill the rest with dry shirts and a towel.
    The MIDIFighter, cables and Audio4DJ are already in side pouches/pockets.
    Will be making a few pics this weekend, as I will be doing a small gig.(Around 60 to 100 people)
    Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    Why, stick Karlos in there! BTW Tekki i read it when you posted it on your blog. Heck I need to bring life back to my old record crates or my DJ PRO BAG
    LoLz, of course Karlos should be in there. Almost feel nekkid without him.

Record crates <3 ! Sweetness bro'!
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    I see this bag and all i wanna do is fill it with ice and heineken's
    Mmmmmm, might need to waterproof that laptop compartment than.

Tech Student

tekki thats a 13 or 15" mbp?? in your magma bag?

The vinyl bags are quite useful.I have 2 and in an emergency they have held 2 cdj's a djm800 a Kaoss pad and cds! On a lot of occasions they've carried beer! Once brought 24 bottles of beer and a bottle of vodka into a club!we were broke and couldn't afford the crazy club prices!
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Tech Guru

i've done something similar with one of my old udg bags, fits mbp, xone 1d, audio 8 and all cables, i'll try to get pics up
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast