DJing internet radio HELP!! UGH!!
    Tech Student

Default DJing internet radio HELP!! UGH!!

OK this is extremely confusing and down right nuts in some parts, but bear with me and may the gods of audio see me through this mess.
    First of all lets start with gear:
    Alienware comp running vista 64b
    creative audio crap in the comp (i swear it never worked very well but that is a different story)
    hercules dj console remx
    vdj (comes with the rmx)
    sam4
    vdj pro
    tons of cables wires headphones and goodies
    just got a windows 7 lap top

OK now the problem:
    I don't have one friggen clue how to get this set up to work.
    I can use vdj, I can use the rmx, I can get it to work in a real world situation... but trying to get this damn thing to run into an internet radio station is kicking my butt.
    (shameless plug) If you wanna spin on the internet radio give me a scream.. it is fun.. thats it.. fun no money haha)
    The one station tells me that all I need is to send the rmx from output 1-2 to the line in on the comp.. well i have like 4 line ins and I cant get it to work..
    Do I need to run the line in to a different computer maybe. Will this not work on the same comp both ways?
    ANY SUGGESTIONS will be so greatly appreciated I may do crazy stuff like sing happy birthday Mr President in my boxers while doing the cha cha at the next live show..
    DJ Z

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You need something like shoutcast that will send the stream to the radio station. What's the website? Do they not have any kind of set up instructions?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Default Guidance

Every Internet station I've ever played for sent me details of the settings needed etc. You will need Shoutcast/OddCast or something similar.

Your station should tell you.
    Seasoned UK House Music DJ now living in Orange County, California.

Bookings & Info @ Lovebump.com

Lovebump Radio Streaming Funky House, Electro & Dance Anthems 24/7 in High Quality Stereo @ Lovebump.com

Tech Student

The radio station side of it is easy and I am very used to shoutcast streams etc. the problem is with he rmx and my ability to get it to run into my line on on my comp. If anyone can suggest a logical set up forts give me a shout at least them I cam trouble shoot if the isue is with the comp the rmx or the dj. Haha.

I'm not much help with PC's but I'll ask a few questions to give others some clues that might help them help you. I'm guessing you have an RCA to 3.5mm plug and that's what your running from the RMX to the computer? Have you tried on both the laptop and alienware comp? I'm guessing there's somewhere in the software where you tell it which line in your using. How are the inputs labeled on the computer?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Student

Default set up

OK.. thanks for the help so far guys and sorry I went afk. baby in the family being born..
    anyways...
    I have the rmx attached to the comp via usb.. obviously.
    The I have two rca out of the rmx and it goes into the comp via mini plug or 1/8"
    The problme I am guessing MAY be is the fact that I have the same computer going out to the rmx and the rmx coming into that same comp.. does anyone know if that coulkd be an issue.. ya know one sound card and all that jazz.
    or does anyone have any knowledge of the creative sound card and can let me know if there is something in the comp config that I may nheed to look into.
    Thanks everyone..
    Z

I don't think that's the problem since your not using the sound card, but usb. Just to clarify you have the RCA's going into just one input on the computer? Does DJ have a section to set up where the audio is supposed to go out of on your controller? Are you sure it's set correct if so? Do you get sound out of speakers hooked to the same RCA connections. I'm still thinking it's a matter of telling the broadcast software where the audio is supposed to be coming from.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Student

I have the rca coming out of port 1-2 on the rmx. it is only going into one 1/8 on my comp. now that you say it I do have many 1/8 inch inputs. Also when I got the alienware comp it has two sound cards in it i believe. the typical one and one calleed creative ... it has been a nightmare ever since I got the comp.
    this is frustrating...

Tech Convert

I am working with nicecast on mac