Random Crashes - Help?
    Tech Convert

Default Random Crashes - Help?

Ok so I've had the VCI-100 SE for about 2 months now, and I am enjoying it immensly. I also bought Traktor 1.2.4, and Audio 2DJ, and got a fresh new HP Pavillion dv7t Core i5 laptop, with an official Windows 7 64bit running on it, optimized for music making and playing, which should all be very well capable of dealing with all of this.

AND YET..

Once in a while, Traktor crashes. I think I use my setup (at gigs and at home) just about 15hrs a week, and once every two weeks or so, it just crahes. When it crashes what happens is I get this horrrrrrible "NIIIIIIIIIIII" or "ZIIIIIIIIII" sound, something like what the Slice effect does, but louder, and constant. The only thing to do then is close Trakotr (and it won't close cause it's stuck) And then restart the computer.
    This happens quite randonly. It is always triggered by me touching something on the controller, usually when i'm pushing it to the limit (say one deck is looping, and filtered, and in the other one i'm using the slicer, or fader fx) but not necessarily. It can also happen when one track is playing and i'm just using the jog wheel on the other track to cue it up.

This is not good.
    It has already happened twice in bars I was playing in. And once it happens at a club I will be very very bummed.

Has anyone experience this before? Any soloutions you can think of?
    I've already taken the latency quite up to 12ms, as lower latency gave me some click sounds here and there. Can I take it any higher? I just changed it to 32ms (!!) which actually sounds and feels okay, but I understand that's too high? Will that even solve the problem?

Help?

Sorry for the long post..

Thanks so much!

Tech Wizard

So it looks like a midi problem...just disconnect the VCI usb cable when the sound comes and reconnect it. It's not necessary to close Traktor and your tracks will go onj to be played.

Tech Convert

okay, many a tnx!

sounds like it might fix it
    now i'll have to wait till it randomly happens again to see if it does

but no chance of preventing it from happening to begin with?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You could set the track collection to cruise, let it run overnight and see if it's crashed when you wake up.

1.2.6 is the most current version of Traktor, updating to that might help.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

my mistake, i have the most current version, 1.2.6
    only purchased it 2 months ago..

running it overnight, i might try that, although the crash happens when i'm messing with the controller, and not just like that, so that might not be too helpfull

tnx though!

Quote Originally Posted by ronix View Post
    running it overnight, i might try that, although the crash happens when i'm messing with the controller, and not just like that, so that might not be too helpfull
    Unless it's a software problem. Either way it won't hurt anything.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ifazar View Post
    So it looks like a midi problem...just disconnect the VCI usb cable when the sound comes and reconnect it. It's not necessary to close Traktor and your tracks will go onj to be played.
    hey @ifazar i just managed to once again push the contoller to the limit by using the sampler together with some fader fx. sound was stuck again and your trick indeed fixed it right away!
    tnx alot!!
    now i'm much more relaxed about this knowing that even the worst case scenario is only a 2sec thing..

still, no way of avoiding this?
    already using dj techtools quality usb cable to connect the VCI100 SE
    will getting another one of those cables for the Audio 2DJ help out?

and what is causing this anyways?!
    is it my laptop not being strong and fast enough (i kindda doubt it) or is it the controller? or the mapping?

tnx again either way!

Are you using the glitch fix/PC tsi?
    Chris Jennings FHP