help me with timecode cds plz...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default help me with timecode cds plz...

hello!i'm John and i'm from greece...new member here...
    i've got problem...since i bought my laptop,i have re-organized my music collection because there was a chaos...now i have a job oportunity but i have to burn all tha tracks from my hard drive to audio cds...i have worked hard to gain this but if i have to burn alla these cds i'm gonna be out of time...so some people recommend me timecode cds...
    i have virtual dj(i was workin' it with bcd2000) and i am about to buy maya44...but when i wiil play at the bar with timecodes(and pioneer cdj200)is it possible to eject the timecode cd,put a normal audio cd and keep djing without a problem?off curse i don't expect to work vdj with the audio cd...i just wanna use the cdj200 like a normal cd player but no changin' the cables in the middle of the night...
    I hope u can understand and help me...THAX A LOT 4 YOUR TIME!!!!!!
    (oohhh,and if u know what sound card would i use i would be gratefull[because they told me that maya44 has low signal...])
    THANK U AGAIN...

Yeah man! If I remember right, just like Traktor's Audio through when you click the Deck's 'Name' (ABCD) you get a drop down box with timecode or play through options. I have not used the new version of Virtual DJ 6 (tried the demo, learned basic mixing on it, moved on to what I believe are bigger and better things (TRAKTOR!!!)). Take a peek around, I know there's a way to do it, I think you may have to disable timecode on one while it's not playing then proceed... Hope this KIND OF HELPS
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Tech Convert

Default Virtual Dj v6 using timecode and normal audio cd's

Hope you guys can help. I have virtual Dj v6. I am using timecode cd's at present.

Is it possible to use a time code cd/track in the decks but then from time to time swap one timecode for a normal audio to play some tracks and then switch back to timecode as needed.

With out having to swap cables about half way through a set.

Tech Wizard

If you you're mixing externallywith a four channel mixer no problem. Just use an adapter to split the output from your cd players to both the input on your soundcard and two other channels on the mixer. If you have the multi core cables the adapter is built in already and just hook up as marked. Just make sure you have the right fader turned up cause nobody wants to hear raw timecode in the club.
    DVS setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DPDJ-101, Numark DXM06, Novation Dicer, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 8DJ
    Controller setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DN-SC2000, Denon DN120X, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 2DJ,

Tech Convert

yes I have an external mixer. running 2 x denon s1000 and time code cd's. So that is hy I am hoping to also pop in the odd normal audio cd aswell. So you reckon the best they is to split the cable from the decks one into the the maya44 and one into the mixer direct.

Tech Convert

it did not work

I splitt the out going from my deck and put in on another phono connection on back of mixer, the sound was awful.

any ideas

U have to also split the LINE IN on the mixer or use different channel ;-) phono is for Turntables

Tech Convert

I have tried that too.

What happens is it plays not bad with normal cd low volume output, but when you change that cd for a timecode one, set your track from the laptop and press play you here the frequency of the timecode cd.

If it helps I am using the Numark DM1002ex 2 channel mixer and 2 x denon s1000 cd decks. Plus laptop/pc and virtual dj v6.

So far I have tried all splitt options with no success,

The decks work fine on there own with mixer and so does timecodes, but when together its one or the other not both.

I really could do with some help on this, did not really want to purchase another mixer, especially if that aint gonna work either.

someone please help save a lost soul, I have another gigg coming up soon and wanted to nail this so I was sorted before hand.

cheers peeps

Tech Wizard

You need to make sure both switches on the back are switched to line not phono. It sounds like you have a line level input plugged into a phono one. Phono inputs are 60mV line inputs are 150mV, so phono inputs are boosted by a preamplifier to match the line level inputs. When you plug a line level into a phono input it gets too "loud" for the circuit and becomes distorted. I checked on your mixer and got conflicting information. A spec sheet I found says it has 2 line inputs and four phonos. I found a picture of the back panel and it looked like two inputs are switchable. With out looking at the back panel of your mixer I can't be sure.
    DVS setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DPDJ-101, Numark DXM06, Novation Dicer, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 8DJ
    Controller setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DN-SC2000, Denon DN120X, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 2DJ,

Quote Originally Posted by browners View Post
    I have tried that too.

What happens is it plays not bad with normal cd low volume output, but when you change that cd for a timecode one, set your track from the laptop and press play you here the frequency of the timecode cd.

If it helps I am using the Numark DM1002ex 2 channel mixer and 2 x denon s1000 cd decks. Plus laptop/pc and virtual dj v6.

So far I have tried all splitt options with no success,

The decks work fine on there own with mixer and so does timecodes, but when together its one or the other not both.

I really could do with some help on this, did not really want to purchase another mixer, especially if that aint gonna work either.

someone please help save a lost soul, I have another gigg coming up soon and wanted to nail this so I was sorted before hand.

cheers peeps
    Well u have few options:
    Disconnect the cabels evrytime when switching to CDs (cheapest)
    Make your self a switchable switch so u can switch to DVS or CD (Cheaper)
    Or buy one those ''switches'' i think A&H makes one. (expensive)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast