Serato Vs Traktor
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Serato Vs Traktor

Hello long time lurcher first time poster... I used to DJ up until retirement in 2001 and a friend of mine asked if i wanted to be involved in setting up and internet based radio station. Now technology’s moved on dramatically since i retired. I was a 2 turntables and a mixer kind of guy! So i have missed CDJ's. But I’m getting into the laptop/midi controller side of things. Therefore I’m now looking at getting back up to speed. I would like to keep my turntables (for nostalgia purposes) So I’m looking at DVS one of my friends has serato which i have used numerous times and really like the interface etc... Now i use Traktor Duo as i have an Audio 2DJ soundcard... I have been looking at Scratch Pro and their DVS

So which is best? Any Pro & Cons I have read reviews and I must say my feelings are mixed? So if any of you pros and people in the know can help me swing it I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

If you've already got the Audio 2, then it's kind of a no brainer financially...

Quote Originally Posted by ayrton View Post
    I’m getting into the laptop/midi controller side of things
    Traktor.... don't look back.

MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

TRAAAAAAAAKTOR!

That's if you want to learn to do more than just jam TT's.

If you only wanting to jam TT's...serato would be more in line with what you want to do.

Traktor you can also jam TT's only, but you have scope to do SOOO much more.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Damn straight. Just got my control cd's from berlin today. Boom
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

you could have DLed the wav......

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

True that, but got them a plus an x1 bag for $80 nz delivered so basically free anyway mate ;p
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Default Thanks for the comments

I was swaying more the traktor way anyway.. like you said i can do more that just turntables.. So i was also looking to get a Kontrol X1 or can anyone else recomend anything else?

Thanks for the advice guys

Sorry mate, yes definitely go the traktor route. Haven't had a chance to test out my x1 with the timecode setup yet but would be perfect for you i think. Even has a serato overlay and mapping if you wanted to use it with your mates' setup also.

Default Thanks Again

Cheers for teh advice thats brilliant... Looking forward to ordering my new kit! cheers

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast