Traktor S4 Footpedal? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by natebehe View Post
    so i was thinking, since the effects don't have a kill button (from what ive heard on the NI forum) on the actual controller using the foot pedal as a shift I can assign and make my own kill buttons. any other ideas as to what i can assign the "shift" pedal to do?
    Yes and seeing as I have millions of ideas it depends on what you want to do.

well i obviously havent played with the S4, but i cant decide if i want the "shift+sample 1,2,3, or 4" to delete the cues like ean shows us in the video review or if I want it to toggle the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th cue points.

there aren't a whole lot of buttons that make sense to have second functions to them, at least from what i can see and think of needing to have access to on the controller.

i guess im only seeing the shift as a possibility for more effects features, and cue point juggling. am i missing something? (im sure i am)

Quote Originally Posted by natebehe View Post
    well i obviously havent played with the S4, but i cant decide if i want the "shift+sample 1,2,3, or 4" to delete the cues like ean shows us in the video review or if I want it to toggle the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th cue points.

there aren't a whole lot of buttons that make sense to have second functions to them, at least from what i can see and think of needing to have access to on the controller.

i guess im only seeing the shift as a possibility for more effects features, and cue point juggling. am i missing something? (im sure i am)
    Well the SHIFT button is obviously going to be MOD1 and the pedal MOD2 or vice versa. Maybe you want something like
    Foot Pedal = 1-8
    Shift = 8-12
    Foot Pedal + Shift = 12-16
    That's like a midi fighter worth of buttons isn't it?

Seems extremely feasible to do on the fly.

Yeah, well dont need the shift for the first four since they already have dedicated buttons but yeah I got the idea. It would be alot easier for me to come up with some cool mods if I had the damn thing in front of me. Can't wait

Tech Mentor

yeah, no eq kills and 5,6,7,8 cues are putting me off getting the s4. Might just keep my X1 and remap the effects section to eq with eq kills and use the cue bit on the X1 instead of s4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12