Help Total newb

Thread: Help Total newb

Tech Wizard

Thumbs down Help Total newb

Hi All, after searching various reviews, forums and you tube vids I decided to plunge in and get a used vci-100 from ebay. I have a few questions I need to ask and a few problems I hope you can help to solve.

How do I find out what firmware my vci is running?

When using Traktor 3 LE sometimes the midi is set automatically to the vci but sometimes it's not and I can't select it manually.

When using Traktor Pro 1.2.4 I can't make the midi settings save so they revert back to keyboard even though the icon on the player show the midi is connected. A fresh install sometimes solves this but as you can imagine I don't want to re-installing Traktor.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Usualplayer View Post
    How do I find out what firmware my vci is running?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frehvs6aJjA

Quote Originally Posted by Usualplayer View Post
    When using Traktor Pro 1.2.4 I can't make the midi settings save so they revert back to keyboard even though the icon on the player show the midi is connected. A fresh install sometimes solves this but as you can imagine I don't want to re-installing Traktor.
    The tsi that will always show first is the keyboard unless you delete it from the system. As long as you set the VCI in the in/out ports while the tsi for the VCI is selected in the drop down box in the controller manager you should be good to go no matter which shows up first.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frehvs6aJjA

The tsi that will always show first is the keyboard unless you delete it from the system. As long as you set the VCI in the in/out ports while the tsi for the VCI is selected in the drop down box in the controller manager you should be good to go no matter which shows up first.

I've tried deleting the keyboard and loading the tsi but when I close the option panel even though the icon show the midi conntected there's no response. I've tried the vci on a demo of PCDJ and it works but I don't want to buy that software. I do like virtual dj except the price is too high. What's you opinion on Numark cue, I've been told it's the same as virtual dj

Which firmware are you using?

It doesn't matter which one you see when you open the controller manager. Are you using the big import button to import the tsi? When you set the VCI in the in/out ports after that does it not work then? The current mappings will not work with anything older than 1.2.4 so Traktor 3 LE won't work.

Is the Traktor Pro your using a legit version? I've heard of some problems with Traktor's obtained from torrent sites. As far as which software to use I use traktor and don't know much about anything else.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Wizard

I'm assuming it's stock as I got it used from ebay. I'm planning to upgrade as soon as I can get the chip and cable from here but at the moment there's no cables in stock. Or can I use a standard usb to serial cable with the chip?

You'll have to have at least 1.3 for most of the functions to work with the latest mappings. DJTT doesn't sell a cable to do the upgrade with so you'll have to buy one on your own. I used as DX-UBDB9 cable from Best Buy to do my firmware upgrade.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Wizard

Thanks for you advice pity there's no chips in stock or I'd be getting one right now

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Which firmware are you using?

It doesn't matter which one you see when you open the controller manager. Are you using the big import button to import the tsi? When you set the VCI in the in/out ports after that does it not work then? The current mappings will not work with anything older than 1.2.4 so Traktor 3 LE won't work.

Is the Traktor Pro your using a legit version? I've heard of some problems with Traktor's obtained from torrent sites. As far as which software to use I use traktor and don't know much about anything else.
    I've finally got things working it took a fresh install of windows but the result was worth it. I'm going to stick with the stock version on my vci until I get used to the controls then I'll be looking at the firmware upgrades. I'll be testing my set up and skills this weekend at a club