Midi Fighter Mac Problem
    Tech Convert

Default Midi Fighter Mac Problem

I saw another problem similar to mine, but I dont use Traktor.

Midi fighter just lights up or sometimes doesn't light up. Wont go into menu mode either. Doesn't let me map on serato. Board number is an MK1.2. Just bought it this week. My number is 484/500.

I am frustrated that this thing isnt just plug and play. I could reflash the bootrom and all that but the silicon case is a pain to get on and off and would rather not.

Any advice would be helpful.

Tech Convert

Ya it doesnt even go into boot loader rom mode.

Tech Convert

Ok flashed via ghetto method.

Make sure you are in the directory with the hex file. O you also might want to update your code. You have to use the actual hex extension (all the numbers).

havn't played with it yet, will let you know how it goes. It does cool light sequences when u plug it in though

dfu-programmer at90usb162 erase && dfu-programmer at90usb162 flash --debug 1 midifighter-20100118.hex && dfu-programmer at90usb162 reset

Tech Convert

Works!

Excellente! Seems that you did not even need our help.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Glad you got it sorted!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Now that you got it fixed stick around. Sounds like your pretty smart and can maybe help some others.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

+1
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by cmcgonag View Post
    Ok flashed via ghetto method.

Make sure you are in the directory with the hex file. O you also might want to update your code. You have to use the actual hex extension (all the numbers).

havn't played with it yet, will let you know how it goes. It does cool light sequences when u plug it in though

dfu-programmer at90usb162 erase && dfu-programmer at90usb162 flash --debug 1 midifighter-20100118.hex && dfu-programmer at90usb162 reset
    Hi man - I've just Flashed my MidiFighter for the first time in OSx - recently moved over from Windows - and saw the same issue that you had with the Terminal commands given. I've just posted this over at the new firmware thread - but if you drag and drop the hex file into Terminal it gives the full path of the hex file - so you can be in any directory you like.

I've suggested this update to FatLimey - see what he says.

I hope this Drag and Drop method might help some more people if they have difficulty following the OSX instructions!
    London - UK
    VCI-100-SE Arcade Moded (v1.4 FW), 2 x CDJ-1000, 1 x 1210 MK2, A&H Xone:62, 2 x KRK RP 6 G2's, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 1 x Midi Fighter, Audio8DJ, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Novation 25, Korg Kontrol, 1 x custom built MacPro (Quad Core i7, 6GB DDR3 RAM, OSX 10.7.1), 1 x MacBook Pro (2.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8)