a DJ HAS to be organized musically - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Jeez. I must be the only person in the world who doesn't get Apple products.

I can't see myself going through all my tracks again just so I can use them in Itunes. It's taken me nearly a year and a half to rip all my vinyl for Gods sake.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    Jeez. I must be the only person in the world who doesn't get Apple products.

I can't see myself going through all my tracks again just so I can use them in Itunes. It's taken me nearly a year and a half to rip all my vinyl for Gods sake.
    If you use Mixed In Key it will place the key in the comment field. You can also put the key in any field you like in iTunes. Just because it's not called key doesn't mean you can't use it for a key field.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

I again have slippped out of the way of things and now I ma messed up with my playlist from taking a small break. However I have my own radio show and therefore have to have my music back and organised this week by the time I start airing again.

I have a folder for my radio station in Itunes

Blast 106.4fm
    I then write the exact date of the Broadcast I am going to play this tune on (not the day I got the tune)
    I then Genre each track within the playlist usually with a loose basis like House or Trance unless I would be planning on playing the track out live.
    I used to use mixed in key (even though I never really used it for Dj'ing but just to get teh BPM's but after it messed up my entire Itunes/traktor playlists (which i think is my fault anyway) though it created way to much hassle and confusion and it was like i was starting from scratch again and couldn't function a proper set because i had to search for it on my drive and then drag and drop it into traktor.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manus View Post
    after it messed up my entire Itunes/traktor playlists (which i think is my fault anyway) .
    Can be easy to do in MIK if you don't pay attention to all the options about overwriting and placing keys.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

MiK > mp3Gain > Beer > Play
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Beer > MiK > mp3Gain > Play
    Fixed.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Lol true. Got my priorititties wrong
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

MiB
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

If you use Mixed In Key it will place the key in the comment field. You can also put the key in any field you like in iTunes. Just because it's not called key doesn't mean you can't use it for a key field.
    What is "Mixed in Key"? where can I download it bro? I'm trying to find a smart way to really clean up, and manage my music properly so that it will be alot simpler and better for djing.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Lol true. Got my priorititties wrong
    ^ Internet superhero.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast