Why do my music libraries show different totals?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why do my music libraries show different totals?

Hey guys, I noticed an issue, well not so much an issue, but definitely strange! The issue is that all my music libraries show different totals? Why? Traktor says that I have 10663 songs, 31 days, 55GB. My Windows library says that I have 6790 Files, and Itunes says that I have 4842 songs, 15.4 days, 29.1GB. They all give me different figures, why? I would think that what I have in one library should show the same in the other libraries right? Can anyone clear this up for me? What is the correct figure? thanks.

Dustin V.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Do you have lots of podcasts in itunes? I had to remove mine from my collection, and did you run a consistency report? Make sure all your tracks are accounted for and arent duplicates. If you move your tracks around or rename them you'll have missing files that can be counted in the collection tally.

how can i check for duplicates without literally going through my library and checking?
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

Quote Originally Posted by jdog667jkt View Post
    how can i check for duplicates without literally going through my library and checking?
    i believe itunes has a duplicate checker, and you can always run a consistency check on traktor

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

and with the consistency check, you can choose to delete the missing tracks or you can find them yourself and update the location of those files if they were moved

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdog667jkt View Post
    in iTunes File>Display Duplicates. Make sure your deleting the song you really want to delete. Check the length and bit rate to see if there's a difference.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

The itunes duplicate finder isn't the best. There are plenty of programs for windows that show duplicates better. I personally use Media Monkey on my PC to manage my music library it's well worth the money(25$ I think) They don't make a mac one if they did I would use that over itunes. It has a fantastic dupe finder built in. As for windows showing a different size. Sometimes windows shows a file as either being a little bit larger or smaller than what it really is. I'm not sure how to account for this windows is picky also windows places hidden files in almost every folder usually a .DB type file that indexs it for windows which would give you a different number of files.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

the itunes duplicate finder is based off of similar artist name and song title, but not much else.

whats weird for me is sometimes traktor analyzes my library and finds, say, 100 files that need to be removed (whether it be from renaming, moving, whatever). if i dont do anything to that list of files and make no other changes to my library - that is, close and reopen traktor and let it do another consistency check - it will almost always find a different number of missing files and total files.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Thanks guys for all your feedback, I'm gonna do all the things I've read and get back to you! Cheers.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

are all the songs on your comp in traktor?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast