Firmware version?
    Tech Wizard

Default Firmware version?

Hey guys,

Im looking at getting a VCI-100 in the next couple weeks. I checked locally (calgary canada) and they are pretty expensive, I can get them off of ebay for quite a bit cheaper.

My question is if there is anyway that I will know what firmware the VCI will have. Are all units being sold these days loaded with v1.2?

Yup all the new units are 1.2 mode, if you buy a second hand one make sure they confirm it has the 1.2 firmware by pressing both vinyl buttons at the same time and the jog wheel lights will turn off.

Tech Wizard

Thanks Bento,

One more question, I searched the forums for comments on B-stock or Refurbished VCI-100s and I couldn't find anything.

Has anyone ever bought a refurbed unit or know any one that has? Were they satisfied? Did it stop working within a week? I figure if it was fixed and put through tests again, it is just as good or better than a non refurbished kit. I am also buying it from "Audio Savings" off ebay and they say they are an authorized seller of Vestax which provides the manufacturers warranty.

Just hoping to get a little advice from you guys,
    Thanks.