Any Way to get Different Controllers to send same midi command
    Tech Convert

Default Any Way to get Different Controllers to send same midi command

Is it possible to get Different Controllers to send same midi command? (Mainly Note on Note off) I know you can get them to send the same note, but I figured it would be on different channels so it wouldnt come out the same.

I have found some some write ups online about midi theory. I feel these are outdated with the advancement of midi controllers as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcgonag View Post
    Is it possible to get Different Controllers to send same midi command? (Mainly Note on Note off) I know you can get them to send the same note, but I figured it would be on different channels so it wouldnt come out the same.

I have found some some write ups online about midi theory. I feel these are outdated with the advancement of midi controllers as of late.
    If your midi controller came with an editor you can make any button/knob/fader send any message/note on any channel you like. All you have to do is create a "preset" in the editor and assign the button whichever channel you want it to be sent. Not all midi controllers have this ability but most do.
    Last edited by Redlight; 10-14-2010 at 11:16 AM.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

Tech Convert

Does that fix the channel issues? At the moment I only have a midi fighter. I am trying to create a work around to activate multiple effects in serato. sort of like a randomized pattern.