Studio Monitors? Home Speakers?! Need Help..
    Tech Mentor

Default Studio Monitors? Home Speakers?! Need Help..

So I'm looking to upgrade my setup, but I am unsure about what type of speakers to be using. Should I be using monitors? Just regular home speakers? One more question if I am using a Audio 4 Dj card will i be able to use only RCA outputs or can I use others to connect different type of speakers?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If your just going to be using them at home and only for yourself I think you'll be happy with a good pair of powered monitors. If you think you'll have a few people over, but not a big crowd a decent home stereo set up will do you fine. If you think You'll be playing for a little larger crowd and maybe setting up at some parties then you should look at something like the Mackie Thump with some speaker stands.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Forgot wires. You can get adapters and splitters to turn your RCA outs on the Audio 4 into whatever you need on the other end.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Depends on what you budget is and what your looking to do. But i say go for some studio monitors. Samson and krk's are awesome. Thats your best bet for home use if you have the funds.

You can use the rca outs on the audio 4 with a rca to trs or rca to xlr depending on the monitors you pick.
    Maschine, Abelton live, Massive, Samson studio monitors, Ks4, New truss, revo 4, Chauvet minspots on the way,Traktor pro Thank goodness for just needing the sn#!!),2nd 13" macbook

All fire lost:Signed Vci-100 arcade, akai lpd8,Truss and all lighting, 13" macbook, hercules rmx

Lol what photojojo just said He beat me to it. Damn slow work internet!!
    Maschine, Abelton live, Massive, Samson studio monitors, Ks4, New truss, revo 4, Chauvet minspots on the way,Traktor pro Thank goodness for just needing the sn#!!),2nd 13" macbook

All fire lost:Signed Vci-100 arcade, akai lpd8,Truss and all lighting, 13" macbook, hercules rmx

Dude my internet has been crazy slow at home the last couple of weeks. The cable company even came out and rewired the whole house today and it's still slow. Apparently somewhere in my neighborhood a squirrels chewed through the cable and whenever the wind blows it slows down.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Wow! damn squirrels cause to much damage. Them little monsters did the same to me at home!! But in addition to that they got the clever idea to chew though the siding into the attic and chew up all the power going into the house

Tech Student

Default Fostex pm 04 mk2

FOSTEX PM 04 MK2 active moniters, i just got these and i love them would definately recomend

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR333675