Which headphones to choose? (yes another can thread...but important!) :)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which headphones to choose? (yes another can thread...but important!) :)

Hey guys I know there are 1000's of headphone threads out there, but nothing really pertaining to my question. I currently own a pair of Sennheiser HD 205's, and I really like them. They not the best you can buy, but they havn't let me down so far. Recently though I've decided to upgrade my cans, and keep these ones as a backup. If I had no budget I would prob get the Pioneer HD2000's, but they cost way to much! Instead I've set myself a budget to a max of $200. I've been looking and searching the net, and these boards and have narrowed it down to 3 cans. Its either the Sennheiser Hd 25 ii', AiAiAi TMA 1, or the new Pioneer Hd 500. The first 2 I can find for under $200, (and I know that they are both excellent) and the new Hd 500's cost $100. I'm very interested in the new Pioneers, they look great and have great specs, but I cant find any user reviews about them. Are they as good as the rest? Are they worth getting? If they are then I'm definetly interested in them cos I can save some $$$. Whats your opinion guys? Thanks.

Dustin V
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are the new pioneers even out yet? If they are get some and write a review so others will know if they're good or not.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Are the new pioneers even out yet? If they are get some and write a review so others will know if they're good or not.
    Um I'm not sure, I checked online and I saw a few sites already selling them. they look awesome, but are they as good as Pioneer makes them out to be? thats the question...
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Tech Mentor

The aiaiais are a rip off, unless you are a style junkie, with your budget definitely the senheisers.

Tech Wizard

I got the Beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80ohm, which I find to be amazing. The noise cancellation, the way it cuffs your ears, and build quality are great. Priced at $175, they won't let you down.. oh and they got great reviews online, check it out.

i love my denon hp 1000s and i paid about 160 for them 2 years ago but i never used any other headphones to compare them too, but i would have noticed if anything was lacking

im sure the hdj 500s will be good though
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Thanks guys for your feedback, lots of different suggestions here. Does anyone alse know anything about the Pioneer HDJ 500's?

HDJ 500s will be released 2nd/3rd week of november, I have a pre-order on them, will write a review as soon as I get them, I will be one of the first to receive them.
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

seriously so many people over look these:

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/he...fd9/index.html

outstanding audio reproduction and great isolation for djing in loud environments. i also own the HD-25s and honestly use the M50's way more....

the hd25's do get slightly better isolation, but the latter are a better balance in the studio and in the club. you can also find them on amazon for around $120 shipped
    Last edited by sm00sh; 10-15-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedsight View Post
    HDJ 500s will be released 2nd/3rd week of november, I have a pre-order on them, will write a review as soon as I get them, I will be one of the first to receive them.
    Nice dude i'll be waiting to read the review!

Quote Originally Posted by sm00sh View Post
    seriously so many people over look these:

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/he...fd9/index.html

outstanding audio reproduction and great isolation for djing in loud environments. i also own the HD-25s and honestly use the M50's way more....

the hd25's do get slightly better isolation, but the latter are a better balance in the studio and in the club. you can also find them on amazon for around $120 shipped
    Hmm it seems the more suggestins you guys tell the more confusing it gets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast