Bench DJ Competition (Mixcloud)

Default Bench DJ Competition (Mixcloud)

I hope you guys enter this, i know i am. Good Luck

http://www.mixcloud.com/competitions/benchdjcomp/

Bench DJ Competition
    As Official Fashion Partner of this year’s Warehouse Project, Bench have got together with a lot of awesome people from the music industry to bring you the coolest DJ competition of the year.

With Warehouse Project, Mixcloud, the School of Audio Engineering (SAE) & Vestax, Bench are offering aspiring DJs everywhere an unbelievable prize:

PLAY at Warehouse Project to a packed crowd on New Year’s Eve. Bench will even throw in your travel & accommodation in Manchester and a pair of tickets for your mates! NYE is one of the biggest nights of the WHP series, and has previously boasted artists such as The Japanese Popstars, Alex Metric & Cassette Jam. This year’s line-up is being kept under wraps until later in the year.

PERFORM at Bench events in 2011*

PRODUCE your own records as part of a six month course with SAE, worth £2,000

MIX with the latest production software (Ableton Live) and a VCM 600 DJ controller from Vestax, worth £1000

WEAR the latest Bench clothes

REMEMBER your experience with a professional photo shoot & filming of events

Five entrants will be shortlisted and become finalists, who will be invited to perform at an exclusive after-hours party within a Bench store in the bohemian Northern Quarter area of Manchester.

Special guest judges from the industry (TBA) will listen to the finalists play at the event, and will make their decision on the winner that night.

The whole event will be filmed and circulated online, providing great exposure for the finalists and the winner.

The finalists will also receive £50 worth of Bench clothes each.

Instructions:

Upload a 30 minute mix to Mixcloud of the kind of music you would play at Warehouse Project
    Name the mix ‘Bench Warehouse Project Competition’ and tag it ‘Bench WHP comp’. If you fail to tag it correctly, your mix may be missed.

Judging:

Entrants will be judged on factors including (but not limited to) number of plays, favourites, positive feedback, tune selection, originality and technical ability.
    DJs must gain over 100 plays be considered for the shortlist. We are looking for DJs who show commitment and are able to use the tools available on Mixcloud and across the web to promote themselves effectively.
    The final decision will be made by Bench, WHP & special guest judges (TBA).

Prizes:

Play a New Years Eve set at WHP to a packed crowd, travel & accommodation in Manchester and a pair of tickets for your mates.
    Play at Bench Events in 2011*
    Six month course in electronic music production with SAE, worth around £2,000. Available in selected cities worldwide
    Vestax will provide a copy of Ableton Live DJ and production software, and a VCM 600 DJ controller
    Bench clothing for the five shortlisted entrants
    Professional photo shoot & filming of events
    The competition closes on 19 November 2010, but we advise you to upload your mix well before the closing date to give yourself time to promote it and generate the required plays.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

Thanks mate for spreading the word!
    You really are my Ecstasy, my real life fantasy.
    I’ll never be the same, I'll tell you for sure.