Coldcut is watching you
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Default Coldcut is watching you

This was posted on the DJTT facebook page, thought it needed to be on here. It's definitely Worth the read.

http://thequietus.com/articles/05009...cut-mix?ref=nf
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Nice, :: tear :: djtt!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DJTT receives faint praise from Musical Gods.
    In an interview today Coldcut were reported as saying that DJTT is "nearly interesting" and may in the future be "worthy of some mild attention".

We rock!

I like this part

Ok, let me put it another way, say you are a leading heart surgeon and someone comes along to you and said we’ve invented this new procedure for heart transplants, it’s going to cut 50% off your time in theatre and it’s going to reduce the chance of organ rejection by 50%, so ultimately it’s going to save loads of lives... there would still be people who spoke out against it just because that’s human nature but you’d have to be an idiot to reject this new method just because it didn’t take the same amount of skill and dexterity as the old way of doing things right?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Guru

i shat when i saw this... probably one of the highest honours imo.

doesn't get much bigger than coldcut!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    In an interview today Coldcut were reported as saying that DJTT is "nearly interesting" and may in the future be "worthy of some mild attention".

We rock!
    thats kinda like: your not ON the bottom but youre close and coming up though
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post

We rock!

lol let's not get ahead of ourselves now, they never praised DJTT - they said Ean and controller djing was cool/interesting, DJTT was just mentioned so we didn't confuse which Ean Golden they were talking about...

Tech Guru

My favorite section (talking about traditional vs. digital djing):

MB: But enough of this rock and roll idiocy! I think it’s a fair question about what constitutes actual DJing now but not one that can be adequately answered.

JM: It can be answered by the floor. If the floor’s pumping; it’s DJing.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    My favorite section (talking about traditional vs. digital djing):

MB: But enough of this rock and roll idiocy! I think it’s a fair question about what constitutes actual DJing now but not one that can be adequately answered.

JM: It can be answered by the floor. If the floor’s pumping; it’s DJing.
    I like that one to.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Mentor

Again Digital Djs need to distinguish themselves from previous generations of Djs. Why should you need approval from the old guard, music blogs, and social networks, is that going to make you feel better about yourselves or somehow make you a better Dj?
    Do you think playing the same old tracks everybody else plays will get you props.There are really no new sounds to speak of these days, djs are still playing the same old genres we were playing 25 years ago!:eek:
    The only way this new generation of Djs will get its recognition is the way they present the music and make it their own.
    Did Ean Golden really invent controllerism? Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Roland MC-505 built in 1998 wasn't this the humble beginnings(cryptic at times) of what we now see as controllerism. Didn't this device change the way we thought about making and performing music.
    Ean Golden and his com padres are pioneers in the D.I.Y. style of Djing. This is what will set the new generation of digihead djs apart from its predecessors,being able to not only engineer their equipment but back that up with unique presentations and performances. the ground work is being SET!..................and they used to say Kraftwerk wasn't real music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast