Custom business cards I made
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Custom business cards I made

People are always asking me for business cards when I gig and I never have them. In an effort to acquire more gigs and a residency I made a business card template. I just wanted some opinions on how it looks. I'm thinking that I'm going to have the cards printed in gloss. The theme is similar to a pevious logo I made which i on my myspace (http://myspace.com/akidcalledquest). I wanted something a bit simpler/cleaner though. I'll probably re-do my custom myspace to match the logo on the card. I'm also thinking press kits with the same logos and custom tailored mixes for some of the bars/clubs in the area. Any body else have tips on how to acquire residencies?
    front *Ignore the covered phone number. I realized maybe putting up my phone number isn't a great idea.

back
    Last edited by Kid Quest; 10-15-2010 at 01:02 PM.

it looks a little busy to me....

i would start by dropping the "find" and "at" parts on the back.

then i would clean up the front by removing some of the pictures (reminds me of clip art) and maybe the saying (sounds a little cliche).

remember, for stuff like this, simplicity is key. i do like the idea and the colors and what not. just needs to be cleaned up a bit... in my opinion

Hmm...Thanks a lot for the feedback! I'll most def take off the "find" and "at" on the back. I'm going to stick with the saying. It's what I have always put as my description on every social networking/music site I have. I find it hard for any advertisement saying/slogan to not be cliche/cheesy and the media is saturated with much worse sayings. I may reword it some though. I've been struggling to find artwork for the card that I like. I see what you mean about the clipart look, but it's also hard to not have whatever I put on the card look like clipart if is it's all in one color. I might have to reevaluate what I want to do with the artwork... Thanks again for the feed though.

no problem....

i would choose one of the pictures to use, and maybe enlarge it and focus on that.. if it was me i would use the cluster of speakers, i think that one looks cleanest. good luck... your inspiring to do this for myself as well as people always ask for a business card which i have never had... so thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the shmobletons View Post
    no problem....

i would choose one of the pictures to use, and maybe enlarge it and focus on that.. if it was me i would use the cluster of speakers, i think that one looks cleanest. good luck... your inspiring to do this for myself as well as people always ask for a business card which i have never had... so thanks
    Lol. The first draft of the card was exactly as you jut described, but the clustered speakers weren't of a high enough resolution to enlarge that much so I added in the rest of the speakers. I'm good enough with photoshop that I can probably recreate a very similar image in a higher resolution though. thanks man.

Check deviant art, they might have some nice speaker vector brush sets on there. They have nearly everything you can think of
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

really...why are you scared about putting out you number? You are a dj, you want people to know you number. Its not like you deadmau5 and needs to keep your number private. If you are that worried look at setting up a google voice number.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    really...why are you scared about putting out you number? You are a dj, you want people to know you number. Its not like you deadmau5 and needs to keep your number private. If you are that worried look at setting up a google voice number.
    Ha true...I didn't put my number up because this is a high traffic forum checked by people all over the world and I didn't want someone who was immature to call me as a joke/prank/for shits & giggles. If someone has serious inquiries it's easy enough for them to email or pm me.

Thanks for the tip wickedsight. Will do.

Immature people?

DJTT?

Cmon...
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

I have my owen business and use Vista Print on line there very good on price, you can up load a designe or pick one of there's but you put in all the text. The cheapest printer local to me does 5000 full colour for £170 or 5000 gloss for £220 and for this price they will give you print on the back for no extra cost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast