Problem cueing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem cueing

Default Problem cueing

Hey guys, i'm new to this forum and DJing. My older cousin used to DJ all the time but not events more of a scratch DJ with focus on solely turntablism.

Anyways to the my point, I just purchased the Numark Mixtrack to get started. However, I did realize it needs an external soundcard and I was currently looking at this one:

Amazon
    Would I be able to cue music with this or no?

I know the Numark I/O has the ability to do so but I don't have $100 as I just spent most my money on Mixtrack.

If that posted soundcard cannot cue, do you know of any cheaper ones that would work in cueing music?

Price Range $25-50

THANKS!!!!

UPDATE: Would this card work? http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StereoiO/
    I do not see a USB plug-in though? They say its USB Powered but I do not see a USB plug-in...Also, would this be able to cue my music using the PHONO?

THANKS!!

IMO rather than getting a cheap badly built sound card you should shell out a little more and get an [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Native-Instruments-AUDIO-DJ-Interface/dp/B002N2TWSY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287183438&sr=8-1"]Audio 2 DJ[/ame], it'll do you from starting out all the way up to playing wherever you end up. It's more than worth the money.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

+1 on the Audio 2 DJ. The sound is absolutely amazing and it's built to last.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Another +1 on the Audio 2. I went the cheap route with 2 usb sound cards, hated it, everything was off because of latency and didn't sound top notch, either. NI's audio stuff puts out, xD not saying other's dont, but in this case, Save JUST a tad and in the meantime, practice practice!
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

plus 1 on the audio 2

and if you get the dj io look for the older model thats around $100 its fairly good and reliable

EDIT: i forgot that the audio 2 is the same price. get the audio 2
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

$99USD for the audio2. well worth the investment mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

thanks alot guys

EDIT: Once i do get the Audio2DJ, how am I able to cue tracks with that? It seems to only have an output?

I'm new so forgive the noobie questions that everyone here already knows the answers to haha
    Last edited by DjKraze; 10-16-2010 at 10:03 AM.

Of course. One output goes to your mixer (or stereo) and the other you can plug your phones into (or plug into a mixer and listen off that)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Thanks!
    |Numark Mixtrack | Numark DJ-iO | Apple MacBook Pro 13'' | Sennheiser HD-280 PRO Headphones|

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The Audio 2 will come with a splitter cable to go to L and R speaker channels.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast