Ninjatune XX Anniversary Party - SF - Who's In?
    Tech Guru

Default Ninjatune XX Anniversary Party - SF - Who's In?

Hey peeps, just wanted to check and see if anyone from The Bay or beyond is going to be at the Ninjatune party at 1015 this month. I'd love to meet some other DJTechToolers in the real world. I'd highly recommend being there - this is the pinnacle of futurist-retro sound, with a deep history and loads of killer performers on the roster.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I wish!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Alright, last call! Show's tonight - anyone??
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

So massively jealous about this...
    Have a good un mate.

Tech Guru

wish i could have been there, like all the most legendary djs ever... fock me!
    how was it Zac?

Tech Guru

Alright, back from the fray! Damn guys, if I'd had a chance to meet some other Tech Tools peeps at this show, it would have made an incredible night completely over the top. But that being said, holy s#!t !! We had such a good time, the djs were blowing the frikken roof off! We were lucky enough to get Amon Tobin, DJ Food, Kid Koala, DJ Kentaro, J-Boogie and a ton of other amazing djs on this stop of the tour. House was at capacity, and I'm not sure I've ever heard anything that loud before in my entire life. Thank god for those etymotic musicians plugs, you know you need em when you're worried about the bass affecting the structural integrity of the building, lol!

I can't really explain just how non-typical the sets were. Crazy considering the only thing other than 1200s and serato I saw was a single kaoss pad used by Kentaro. Kid Koala was ridiculously musical, you wouldn't believe the kind of sounds that guy can combine. And Amon Tobin, damn, that sound was so saturated and intense, it kinda felt like getting outright dissolved by ill bass. I had no idea Kentaro was that skilled... straight ninja-ass turntablism that he made look easy like he was playing with legos or something. Gonna be picking up some of his stuff asap.

Still surprised at the lack of controllers or production gear, but it just goes to show you how much you can tear it up with a set of techs and a battle mixer. (Or three or four techs, as was the case with most of these dudes) Good, good times.

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Guru

yeeah all those classic ninjatune dudes are oldtimer turntablists. after reading that coldcut interview that was posted a couple weeks ago, sounds like atleast coldcut are open to exploring controllers more - maybe that'll rub off on kentaro and strictly kev. would love to hear what they could come up with!
    anyways sounds like a blast, san francisco sounds like my kind of city more and more everyday when i hear about events like this one haha.

Was DJ Food still using Serato..?
    Hes my beats & breaks hero...

Looks like it was an awesome nite.

Agree with Duerr SF is killing it... I was really pissed that Stussy and Peter Hook (Joy Division/New Order) did a 25Years of Stussy lecture in SF. Despite Hookies stupid DJ foray hes still a hero. Managed to get a tshirt of the event sent over though...
    Massive Stussy addict here.

Stussy also did the Ninja Tunes "You Dont Know Ninja" album launch, missed that as well but grabbed a tee (again).

Im a whore for merch.

Tech Guru

Yeah, Food was still on serato, everyone actually. Yeah, SF is always a lot of fun - I really miss living there. I'm like 45 minutes away now, and feel like I hardly ever make it out there now. So it's always a blast..

Totally Off-Topic, but I'm hoping someone who uses Serato can help me out with this: I know this dude, club dj who uses serato, who wants to dive more into controllers, but isn't really programming-minded. He's got a pair of Dicers that he wants to map the reverse function to - I told him I'd try and help out, but the problem is, I have no clue about serato midi mapping. Or Dicers for that matter. Never worked with em.

Is there anyone here who could write a quick step-by-step that I could deliver to this guy? It would be much appreciated!

Mixcloud DJ Sets

BradC has some Dicers.
    Dont think hes got Serato though.