Headphones Playing all the time... PFL doesn't work

Default Headphones Playing all the time... PFL doesn't work

Hi Here is my set up:

M-Audio Fast Track pro
    Numark Total Control
    Traktor scratch live pro

Hardware:
    My speakers are on rca outs 1 & 2. USB is in laptop. Nothing is plugged into the spdif spots on the back. On the M-audio there is a 1/4 inch jack slot for headphones and I have my headphones plugged in there. I have tried pressing the a/b button on the m audio with different software configurations to see if it has an effect. It doesn't from what I can tell.

Software:
    I have the M audio chosen as my sound card. When I go to set up my outputs I have 4 options. line out 0/1 and Spdif 0/1. On the output preferences, Master out is set to line out 0/1, for the monitor my only choice I am left with is spdif so I choose that for the monitors. I have the mix set at 100% on both the software and hardware. I'm using stock midi map for my numark.

With this set up The headphones are always playing the track according to where I have the crossfader set. In addition my PFL buttons have no effect on the headphones or anything else for that matter.

How do I fix this so I can listen to a track independently in my headphones from the track playing out of the speakers?

THANKS
    Last edited by sk8ordie778; 10-15-2010 at 08:26 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

How are you using a non Traktor approved sound card with TSP?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Setting mix (or phone mix) to 100% in Traktor results in the master being played through the headphones and nothing else. Setting it to 0% makes it play whichever deck or decks you have marked for PFL through the phones.

The mix knob on the Fast Track Pro should be at 100%, although this doesn't actually affect the headphone output.

+1, set mix to 0%.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    How are you using a non Traktor approved sound card with TSP?
    You can use TSP with any sound card can't you? I mostly use my audio 8 but you can switch to built in output or jackrouter, lying around somewhere I have an old griffin iMic USB soundcard that was literally one 3.5mm stereo I/O that let me use headphones for cueing before I got my Audio 8 and that worked fine. It's not tied to hardware like serato.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    +1, set mix to 0%.

You can use TSP with any sound card can't you? I mostly use my audio 8 but you can switch to built in output or jackrouter, lying around somewhere I have an old griffin iMic USB soundcard that was literally one 3.5mm stereo I/O that let me use headphones for cueing before I got my Audio 8 and that worked fine. It's not tied to hardware like serato.
    sure, but it doesn't make any sense using TSP with other soundcards than the audio 4 or 8 or a traktor certified mixer, since only these can be used with timecode.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    sure, but it doesn't make any sense using TSP with other soundcards than the audio 4 or 8 or a traktor certified mixer, since only these can be used with timecode.
    Oh really? I've never tried timecodes with anything else lol.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I guess I assumed the OP was using ghetto time code with cracked software. Sorry OP if your on the up and up. Let us know how it goes.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Ya my bad I'm using Traktor Pro not TSP, I didn't realize the difference. I bought the software and card from a friend so I'm just trying to get it working. I've been working a lot the last few days sorry it took me so long to try it out. Thanks for the quick responses.

I tried turning the mix to 0% nothing changed.. Whether the mix is at 0 or 100 the headphones still play (When the soundcard A/B button is the in A position, when it is depressed the heaphones are off no matter what the mix is set to).
    Any ideas?

Also the headphone volume has not effect. I believe this is because these buttons are linked to the monitor setting in the software. Since I am unable to select the headphone slot on my M-audio sound card in the output preferences. Other DJ software works fine with my M-audio sound card but not traktor for some reason.

NM I finally figured it out. Had to pick M-audio ASIO and pick the right output order. Damn that was annoying. THANKS