I am in complete need of help. So so very lost. [ableton 8 live + mpd26]

Default I am in complete need of help. So so very lost. [ableton 8 live + mpd26]

Hello,

I am a mac user with live version 8.1.3 and a fresh out of the akai mpd26. I have searched the internet for days and still have been very flustered because I cannot get my mpd to work with ableton. Moreover, I seem to not have grasped the tech lingo too well. If anyone can advise/teach and help me fix my issues, I would be most grateful.

I started my journey with this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggV6t...eature=related

This young man seems to map out something on his mpd but I am not sure what he is exactly doing. Can anyone tell me what this achieves?

Moving on, I did what he told me to do. I still do not know how this applies to ableton. I do not know and cannot find any information on how I can link it up with ableton, let alone how to set up preferences or how I can actually physically set up the machine and program for them to work.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you

*have mpd set as midi in/pout in midi preferences..

*click midi mapping layer in ableton (small blue button next to key assign...top right)

*touch parameter in live that you with to map with mouse ex. channel 1 fader...

* move controller hardware that you want to control said mapped function.

*repeat with each parameter in live

Hello,

So I have done what you have said to what I belive is right. Now when I press the button on my mpd26, it shows the green button and the clip is launched. However, I get no sound playing. How can we fix this issue?