Syncing your showlights to your music?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Syncing your showlights to your music?

I am basicly looking for a DMX-control software that will run in sync with my tracks by receiveing midi clock plus additional tasks from my midi controllers. Does anyone here have experience with this and what was your solution?

The "djs booths are getting crazy" thread reminded me on the fact that i wanted to be asking this ages ago as i was thinking about getting some lights (again) to work with my music perfectly.
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

Quote Originally Posted by Duttylectric View Post
    I am basicly looking for a DMX-control software that will run in sync with my tracks by receiveing midi clock plus additional tasks from my midi controllers. Does anyone here have experience with this and what was your solution?

The "djs booths are getting crazy" thread reminded me on the fact that i wanted to be asking this ages ago as i was thinking about getting some lights (again) to work with my music perfectly.
    It's a filler article. The talked about the exact same thing a year ago, and how to do it. Do some article dumpster diving and you'll find it.

you mean djtt made an article on it? that would be great. what words do i need to search for - as i cannot find it yet.

thank you n e ways.
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Duttylectric View Post
    you mean djtt made an article on it? that would be great. what words do i need to search for - as i cannot find it yet.

thank you n e ways.
    Gimme a sec brotha. I'll pull it right up, my lappy caught a virus this morning. Had to put'er down hard. Lost everything except me music.

I just came up with something else, which would require a lot of modding, and some money. You could get a cheap midicontroller that can receive midi to control LEDs, then mod it like it was described in the DJTT article, so you have power outlets that you can turn on/off by sending midi.

You could make one outlet blink with the Traktor command that makes an LED blink to the beat. You could have another one sync up to effects, or have one that flashes when you are cue juggling.

Endless possibilities
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

Tech Mentor

a lot of lights (heaps) have little mics in them and sync to the beat by themselves without any midi clock or dmx input
    Mixes and Productions on Soundcloud

VCI-100 SE - DJ I/O - MacBook Pro 13" - TMA-1 Headphones

Tech Mentor

I use Chauvets Vue line, they are dmx capable but also can master/slave to eachother so you just run a dmx cable between all your fixtures and have one master which listens to the music and tells the other slave lights and itself what to actually do

Quote Originally Posted by fellis View Post
    a lot of lights (heaps) have little mics in them and sync to the beat by themselves without any midi clock or dmx input
    i know i had some before, but they didnt satisfy. first of all most of them dont recognize every kick (especially breakbeat/dnb) and i want to tell them when theyres a breakdown, buildup etc to make them really fit the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedsight View Post
    I just came up with something else, which would require a lot of modding, and some money. You could get a cheap midicontroller that can receive midi to control LEDs, then mod it like it was described in the DJTT article, so you have power outlets that you can turn on/off by sending midi.

You could make one outlet blink with the Traktor command that makes an LED blink to the beat. You could have another one sync up to effects, or have one that flashes when you are cue juggling.

Endless possibilities
    your ideas are great. even though i'd rather do this software-wise. i know how to send midiclock etc all i need is a program that outputs dmx and receives midi. isn't there a person on these forums that already uses something like this?

thanks alot for your input!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast